Doctors Asking About Firearms In Home

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GregP42
Silent Operator

Re: Doctors Asking About Firearms In Home

Post by GregP42 »

I replied to my doctor "I don't have a single gun." He laughed, I have been going to him for over almost 40 years now so he knows and doesn't care.
NRA Life member
Lesteraction

Post by Lesteraction »

In addition, according to Michigan law, guns are not allowed in "child care facilities," which your paediatrician may easily fall under. And before you say something stupid like that, you damn well better be aware of your doctor's office's official policy on firearms; else, you risk being asked to leave the premises and possibly being forbidden from returning.
Lesteraction

Post by Lesteraction »

I always responded "None of Your F#@king Business" whenever the question was posed to me, whether it was in person or through a questionnaire. Regardless of whether a man or woman was asking me the question, I would look them in the eye and respond as such.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

I have never been asked. But here in Maine they can post signs but they have no force of law. What does have the force of law is criminal trespass if you're asked to leave and don't. I ignore the signs and carry. I KNOW that some of my Drs are aware, but don't care. I figure the signs are there for the criminals who will show up to shoot the place up. You know, folks who the signs mean nothing to and have evil on their mind. Other folks too, the mindless drones working there who think the signs actually do something. I have asked those folks if they think the sign actually does anything and gotten deer in the headlights stares in return.

FWIW, someone did enter the medical facilities years ago and murdered a mess of people. So yes, I carry for my protection when there. They have guards who are unarmed. Lots of good they are. Incredibly stupid hospital administrators!
AlinMi

Post by AlinMi »

Had that about 5yrs ago when I switched doc's for annuals, I just checked no.

Last week was my yearly, we're done, doc filling in charts on computer, ask any new anxiety or depression, hmmm that was a new one, but nope. Next question asked if belonged to any organizations besides a church, i didnt miss a beat,told him well doc, I use to belong to BLM and Antifa but they revoked my membership after a week for no reason so no. He looked at me and I just said we're done with the silly questions.

So been sorta wondering about all that since.
1873spfd

Post by 1873spfd »

Senior Citizen here. Doc asked that question. Nurse giggled. Doc looked at nurse. "He taught Johnie's Hunter Ed class."
Discussion moved to diet.