Any play with the big bores?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any play with the big bores?

Post by DutchV »

Is there any special reason to go with .450 Bushmaster over say .45-70? Is it a local hunting rule? (Or if it's just "I wanted to", well, that's fine, I've done that plenty myself.)
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

DutchV wrote:Is there any special reason to go with .450 Bushmaster over say .45-70? Is it a local hunting rule? (Or if it's just "I wanted to", well, that's fine, I've done that plenty myself.)
in a bunch of states its a hunting rules thing. 45-70 is too long of a case to fit michigan rules. 450 bushmaster fits right in the sweet spot.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly

Post by pruhdlr »

Have had my eye on one of these guns for some time now. Have had a RARR chambered in 300BLK for some time now and absolutely love it. Especially the trigger(with mod).
Just wondering if you shot that 450B before you removed the factory brake,and if so what the difference is. I have been told by a couple owners that it is an extremely efficient brake. ---- pruhdlr
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

pruhdlr wrote:Have had my eye on one of these guns for some time now. Have had a RARR chambered in 300BLK for some time now and absolutely love it. Especially the trigger(with mod).
Just wondering if you shot that 450B before you removed the factory brake,and if so what the difference is. I have been told by a couple owners that it is an extremely efficient brake. ---- pruhdlr

The 450

The 300

The 450

The 300

I removed the brake before ever shooting the gun. I am awaiting KAW for there production of a Linear Comp for the 450. They have released the Socomb version and the 450 is next. I love these things. (There is one on the 300 bbl)

The 450 is LOUD! Recoil is like a 308/20g slug gun. Not punishing, not as much fun as the 300. :roll:

I cast some more plain base bullets too. :)

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

plant.one wrote:
DutchV wrote:Is there any special reason to go with .450 Bushmaster over say .45-70? Is it a local hunting rule? (Or if it's just "I wanted to", well, that's fine, I've done that plenty myself.)
in a bunch of states its a hunting rules thing. 45-70 is too long of a case to fit michigan rules. 450 bushmaster fits right in the sweet spot.
That makes sense, thank you.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.