New lower cost Magnetospeed

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

New lower cost Magnetospeed

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

I was researching the Magnetospeed and was on the website this morning. Another forum is having a pre buy/group buy on the new lower cost Magnetospeed sporter. This early evening I went to the site and lo and behold, they have the Sporter on sale for early adopters. Bang into the cart it went and it should be arriving soon. There is some means, yet to be revealed to write a review and get $50 back.

You can buy it with some special connector for your real smart phone (Android) and control the unit from easy to use screens on your real smartphone. The useless i ones are yet to be supported. So I ordered the Sporter with the special connector. The connector also works with the V3 but not the V1 or V2.

We gonna see how fast them boolits fly.
SkyLine1
Silent Operator

Re: New lower cost Magnetospeed

Post by SkyLine1 »

Pretty slick, wish it was capable of strapping onto a suppressor. Unfortunately not with a max barrel size of 1".

I'd love the v3 with this upgrade though.
ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

The V3 will work with the new XTR Kit and a software upgrade you download on the Magnetospeed site.

Got my tracking number today from Magnetospeed.
destrux
Silent Operator

Post by destrux »

Huh. Looking at that... I recall an article in a really old (1920's?) issue of one of my gun magazines that describes how to build a magneto-type chronograph using car parts. What's that old saying? "There's nothing new under the sun"?

This one is a lot fancier though, and doesn't require counting burn holes in a sheet of tracing paper to calculate bullet speed. :mrgreen:
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

I have been running the Magnetospeed Sporter for nearly 2 months now. Awesome chronograph, I don't have a smart phone, but I do have a cheap tablet running android that works with it.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i love my V3 and getting the software to try it with the phone sure looks damn tempting.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.