Optics

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Optics

Post by cwlongshot »

I have still yet to acquire a dedicated scope for my RARR 300.

I think its had at least six different optics from Aimpoints to MSR style 1-4/1-6x optics. To common "deer optics like my favorite Leupolds.

I re stocked this last year with a re shaped Boyds Spike Camp. I swapped to a 1.5-6 Tasco EURO-Class 30mm. Super crisp/Clear optics. Its been on a few guns and its a favorite. But over the last dozen years, I have seen the advantages of a ballistic reticule.

With the sale of a number of items I have a it of cash and decided to "upgrade" some favorites. A Ruger American 22 WMR got a new Hawke caliber dedicated scope and its scope... A Weaver Kaspa 3-12 30mm is going to the RARR. This has been a good scope for me. My only complaint is its placement of its lighted optic... It sits like a wart on a nose on the Ocular bell. But its etched glass reticule will be a asset to the velocity range of the RARR.

What optics have or do you use and like. I dont and wint ever put a 500$ + optic on this. So I know full well of the quality of many above this price point. I dont require that investment to enjoy this lil rifle.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: Optics

Post by BlogSarge »

Hey CW,

I put a Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 on my RARR, which is also in the boyd’s stock. More than enough magnification for anything I’ll ever do with the 300blk, and at $350.00 it is a good deal.
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BobinNC »

My AR 300 Blackout sports a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-6x24MM MOA Long Reticle in Red. Illuminated reticle, daylight bright, NV compatable, locking MOA turrets, scope caps and throw lever.

Outstanding scope and a true bargain in today's market.

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/arrowhead-lpvo-series

If your military or a veteran they offer a full 30% discount.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

The Swampfox lineup looks intriguing, especially at the price point. Anyone done any tracking testing on the adjustments?
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

I sited this the other day. The optics are superior to the ol Tasco.
I really like the etched reticule. The center cross does not touch. So up on 12x you can see exact center and place bullets with pin point accuracy if you a d the gun are capable.

I was on paper and sited in three. Loaded 5 and moved to 100. First three where centered 1/4-3/8" over bull and in a single ragged hole... I removed last two and put them
Back in the box. :mrgreen:

I love this freakin rifle!!

CW

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

That sounds like a good range trip!

These are fun little guns, and cheap, too!
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

Yeah, I can imagine you do! I've done that before too so as not to spoil a great group. But at some point you're going to have the prove the accuracy for yourself. It would eat at me to know what it's actually doing. I'd need to fire 5-10 round group.

1 1/2 months until the weather gets to the point where I can start to shoot again (typically). I'm chompin' at the bit.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

BJK wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:51 pm Yeah, I can imagine you do! I've done that before too so as not to spoil a great group. But at some point you're going to have the prove the accuracy for yourself. It would eat at me to know what it's actually doing. I'd need to fire 5-10 round group.

1 1/2 months until the weather gets to the point where I can start to shoot again (typically). I'm chompin' at the bit.
BJK,

I’m with you on the weather. It sucks trying to shoot a tight group while shivering.

Think spring my friends!
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

HAHA.

IM not one of those all hung up on 5 shot group. One shot hitting where I want does what I need it to do.

I have dozens of 5/10 shot groups with this rifle to prove to me its reliably repeatable accuracy.

This "new" scope just makes that a lil easier. ♥️♥️

CW

Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

Recently I have been shooting a 1-10 Atibal-X on my 300 Blk. Switched from a 1-4 since I couldnt pin point those dimes at 100yrds. :mrgreen:
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
www.knowyourzero.com