Linear Compensator

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

atomicsmurf

Linear Compensator

Post by atomicsmurf »

New here! I'm looking for a linear comp. What's the consensus here for a good one? I was looking at the Kaw Valley, any users?
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Linear Compensator

Post by cwlongshot »

I had Seven of them last count. Two permanently and legally attached.

I’m a huge fan of anything that reduces concussive blast.

Best 50$ one can hang off the muzzle that actually be if it’s the shooter.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
atomicsmurf

Post by atomicsmurf »

Did you go with the 2.25" or the 3.25" ? If you have both is there a difference?
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

I went a little different way, didn't care for the pig style can nor most really effective muzzle devices. My suppressor is the Bravo 1 from Elite Iron, it comes with a muzzle device that the can threads on and a linear style cap that screws on over the muzzle adapter when the suppressor is not in use. This works out really well, the cap fits over both the 7.62 and 5.56 device. Check out the Revolution bipod while you're there and suppressor wraps.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

The larger the more efficient and more noticeable effect.

Smallest are well least effective. I have them all. ;). Probably thenXL Slim is what I have more and like best. FS XL is about same but larger diameter.

I really like how when mounted on my RUGER Ranch rifles with 16” bbls the XLSlim makes them almost 20” and they fit better in the safe!!

Good luck

CW

GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

I think the linear comps are all pretty similar. I have a no name one on my AR pistol. Will probably get a MBC with the threaded on sleeve to convert it to flash forward type device, as that is nice both indoors and outdoors.

It might also work as a decent mounting system for a form 1 can that I am thinking of doing.
MeGrunt

Post by MeGrunt »

I have a small inexpensive one from eBay. It makes a difference. Since my 300 is a 8" pistol I didn't want a big comp hanging off the end.

I have a Pig clone on my Ruger PCC. It makes a huge difference, I think it's 50% due to the weight.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

Arggh! I just went through this! Actually I've been working on it on and off for some time now and pulling my hair out over it. I was going to go to a machine shop and get something made.

My 300BLK build has a barrel that terminates approx 3.5" inside the carbon fiber handguard. Now normally the over the barrel (Amtak CQB-M) can takes up that space and gets the gases outside the handguard to prevent it from being destroyed. But If I decide to use the handgun w/o the can it's probably not going to work for long and I really don't want to conduct that experiment. So I was looking for a simple "blast forwarder", basically a soup can with a thread on one end. Try to find one that is longer than 3.5"! I have a KAK unit on hand and that terminates almost flush with the handguard. It's proud by just a hair, I forget just how long it is (3.25"?). I didn't want to take the risk. So to the 'net I went. The best I could come up with (inexpensive) was a solvent trap purchased long, and cut to length. Threaded on only one end with an adapter for the barrel. I figured that couldn't be construed by ATF to be an illegal can. But then I got a wild thought and looked into linear comp's. If I'm going to hang something on my firearm why not have it actually do something beyond the one function? I found the "Hera" and the length gets it outside my handguard. It might arrive by the end of the week. I haven't seen it yet except in pictures. Yeah, it cost 2x more than the solvent trap would have. But it also has steel threads and not soft aluminum, I dislike aluminum threads. I don't know about muzzle flash but I suspect the solvent trap would work better for that, it's still available.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

I have one of common cheap style. I frequently see them on ebay. I think it does help with flash very well, but that's just subjective from shooting as it gets dusky. I haven't tried to do any comparison testing.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Check out Kaw Valley!!

https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/Default.asp

JoeBob Outfitters carries them too.

About 50$ many styles and sizes and calibers.

CW