Shoulda Done It Sooner

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Shoulda Done It Sooner

Post by rlandry6 »

I need another scope and was going to wait until after Christmas to see if anyone was running a sale, and Optics Planet went up almost $100 on the Sightron S-Tac scopes I've been getting. Bummer..
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shoulda Done It Sooner

Post by DutchV »

SWFA.com had a pretty good sale. It's worth getting on their email list. They only run a sale once or twice a year.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

optics planet isn't exactly the best company to do business with anyway.

They tend to keep very little in stock, have other people drop ship orders from other companies, and are slow as poke.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

John A. wrote:optics planet isn't exactly the best company to do business with anyway.

They tend to keep very little in stock, have other people drop ship orders from other companies, and are slow as poke.
I've read that also, but maybe I've just been lucky. I have always gotten my orders quickly and their prices were the best, and I'm a shopper.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

rlandry6 wrote:
John A. wrote:optics planet isn't exactly the best company to do business with anyway.

I've read that also, but maybe I've just been lucky. I have always gotten my orders quickly and their prices were the best, and I'm a shopper.
They went up because they had to. Sightron scopes are MAPP protected. In other words, Optics Planet can't sell them any cheaper than I can. They have not been following that agreement which hurts brick and mortar operations and folks abiding by Sightrons policy. Apparently Sightron called them on it - good for them.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.