Prismatic optics for ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Prismatic optics for ARs

Post by 10Driver »

I’m in search of a small and lightweight optic for a short barreled AR pistol build. We have a family member with a worsening astigmatism so all red dots seem to be off the table.

I have a Vortex 1X Spitfire (not the newer 1X AR) that is okay but larger and heavier than I’d like on this pistol.

Anyone know of a 1X prismatic that’s smaller than the Spitfire, PA Cyclops or the Burris?

I did find some information on a brand new Bushnell prismatic called the “lil P” that just came out.

EDIT:
https://deskgram.net/p/1810458505937818915_1553248877
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Prismatic optics for ARs

Post by 10Driver »

Currently, the Bushnell “lil P” appears to be the only mini/micro sized prismatic.

A couple of smaller vendors have a few of the “lil Ps” in stock, but none of the major vendors have them yet. Also, there aren’t any legitimate reviews out there.

You can tell the shill write ups by the 50k hour battery life comment. That comes direct from Bushnell but they were referring to their new red dots. The shills just regurgitate the marketing copy. Actual battery life is estimated as 5k to 7k hours at a mid-level setting.

I ended up ordering another one of the original Vortex Spitfire 1X prisms. Too big and too heavy but I already have one so now they are standardized on my pistols.
Last edited by 10Driver on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

seeall is not prismatic but small, light weight and no battery. with my old astig eyes, good to 50 but accurate to 25. triangle reticle is best.
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

Maybe someone knows more about th m, but what about Tacticon?

Any info would be nice for me as well.

https://tacticon.com/product/predator-red-dot-sight/
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!