Made three mounting points with paracord

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jarem08
Silent Operator

Made three mounting points with paracord

Post by Jarem08 »

Have a basic IDF sling and wanted a silent sling.

I use an MOE Magpul mount for the front but just the standard mount on the stock.

Ordered paracord (50' for .49 after my gift cards) and it came in.

Cut 5.5' and took about 6" for the front. Used a constrictor knot and the front was done.

I then spent three hours working on the back. I tried a standard loop type near the base plate. It was ok. Then attached the cord on the standard mount. It was ok.

I then figured I would use a constrictor knot on the tube and it worked great! However, I undid it and made the knot in the sling slot on the stock. Stillhad about 2' or so. Ran the loose end along the outside side of the stock, did another two knots and now have another loop.

So I have a loop on the front, one mid way, one one the stock and another standard point on the bottom.

This set up allows multiple points and abidextrus carry. I still have a little over 44' of paracord left.

It may not look super clean, but I think it is functionable and I can even attach both sling clip to a single point and now I have a new sling.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Made three mounting points with paracord

Post by dellet »

Sounds nice but........

:mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

I agree. Now the funny question...how?

8)
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

GOA member!
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

Thank you. I will try to get these pics up in a few minutes. Thank you.

GOA member!
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

Edited
Last edited by Jarem08 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GOA member!
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

Edited
Last edited by Jarem08 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GOA member!
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

The one that is probably the most powerful is the one that has the orange tipped barrel.

The reason I say that is because that is my son's who, as I was taking pictures of mine this morning, laid his right next to mine. I put a simple string on his (it is a toy) and that toy is one (of many) way we are able to bond that we are able to build forts, and build a relationship.

No other human bond is more important than a family bond.

Ok. Enough sentimentality.

ETA: Sorry for the bad pics. I do not have a very high quality phone.

GOA member!
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

Thanks for sharing. I love that your son is interested and that you took the time to work with him on 'his' AR.

I saw another very slick approach at a class a couple weeks ago. The instructor had drilled a hole in the top of his MOE stock near the back and inserted a paracord loop so the knot was in the tube. What I liked is it made shoulder transitions insanely easy. With my set up, I always have to take care not to get my sling caught up during transition. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

Your welcome and thank you. I might take a picture of it in the future but he has set up a "reloading bench" next to mine. When I am working, he is sitting at his using my brass that I am not going to load. He mainly uses a small hammer and other stuff as well but he is loading. He is pretty good at shooting as well. My .22 he is able to get about a half dollar (maybe a little bigger) at about 25-40 yards. We are going back out on his birthday coming up. I was going to take mine but I am going to just take his as I want to focus solely on his ability that day.

That is interesting. I had not thought of doing that through the tube. I could see the benefit.

I did try several of the four configuring and I found that I can take my standard two point sling and attach them to one point anywhere on the gun making a makeshift single point sling.

The one I am trying to figure out is the loop near the base plate. Maybe I am not used to that set up but what is the benefit for having a sling attached there? It limited my shouldering as it would only allow the gun to fit just off my shoulder.

ETA: Forgot to ask, did you put yours through the tube as well? I could see how that could get caught up in shifting to a shooting stance.

GOA member!