Anyone one use a Law Tactical Folding stock adapter?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone one use a Law Tactical Folding stock adapter?

Post by MMA10mm »

I love mine, which is on my pistol lower along with a dolos bbl. quick-detach system. Makes for a super-compact system.

austinar15

Post by austinar15 »

MMA10mm wrote:I love mine, which is on my pistol lower along with a dolos bbl. quick-detach system. Makes for a super-compact system.

Ive never seen a dolos bbl quick-detach system they are pretty cool, especially if you want put your AR in a glove box or something. Do they effect your accuracy capabilities? Definitely a unique concept.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

....the only drawback to the DOLOS, IMHO, is the short section of the gas tube being exposed like that. Following the concept of purpose intended, backpack, discreet bag, etc., it could subject the tube getting bent which could compromise operations.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

austinar15 wrote: Ive never seen a dolos bbl quick-detach system they are pretty cool, especially if you want put your AR in a glove box or something. Do they effect your accuracy capabilities? Definitely a unique concept.
I'm planning on some accuracy testing soon. So far, I've only shot it informally at 25-50 yards, and without detaching/re-attaching the barrel between groups. It seems to not effect accuracy as a method of attaching the bbl. to the upper (no torquing of a bbl. nut, etc., with a normal barrel attachment system), so that is good.

I also agree the weak point of the system is the gas tube. After demonstrating this twice to groups of officers, plus my own messing around trying to get quicker at assembly, I would say it would take fumbling and dropping the detached bbl. assembly to the ground from waist height/higher or throwing the soft-case around pretty hard to bend the gas tube. Using a small hard case and either taking a knee or assembling over a table/bench would eliminate those dangers. In all the handling and assembly/disassembly mine has had (and in a soft case), no damage has occurred yet.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

I'll be interested in a range report with the Dolos as far as repeatability of POI after removing and reinstalling the barrel

If it returns reasonably close to the original POI it will be great.
Hogshooter
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hogshooter »

I am running one on a Liberty Leonidas in 300 Blk and another on a 10.5" pistol in 5.56. No issues with either running supersonic or subs.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

I'm running one on an 8" SBR, though I recently removed to to try out a JP Silent Captured Spring. Too bad they are not compatible. The SCS would not accept a guide rod that's smaller in diameter and hole drilled thru the carrier extension.

The Law Folder works very well, but does add weight to the bolt carrier.
Last edited by 2manyToys on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaijin

Post by gaijin »

faizanmazhar00

Post by faizanmazhar00 »

austinar15 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:45 pm Anyone use a Law Tactical folding stock adapter? I want to put one on my 300blk AR pistol to make it easier to conceal and easier to keep locked and out of sight in my truck truck. But I'm not sure if it has any negative effects on reliability or the cycling of the gun. I currently have a pistol style buffer tube with a KAK blade and running a H3 buffer if that makes a difference relating to the adapter.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/st ... 71553.aspx
I'm running one on an 8" SBR, though I recently removed to to try out a JP Silent Captured Spring. Too bad they are not compatible
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

faizanmazhar00 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:41 pm
austinar15 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:45 pm Anyone use a Law Tactical folding stock adapter? I want to put one on my 300blk AR pistol to make it easier to conceal and easier to keep locked and out of sight in my truck truck. But I'm not sure if it has any negative effects on reliability or the cycling of the gun. I currently have a pistol style buffer tube with a KAK blade and running a H3 buffer if that makes a difference relating to the adapter.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/st ... 71553.aspx
I'm running one on an 8" SBR, though I recently removed to to try out a JP Silent Captured Spring. Too bad they are not compatible
I believe they now make one that is compatible with the JP scs possibly. Haven't looked into it too deep yet. Might be worth a search.

JP / Law Tac colab scs compatible scs
https://www.lawtactical.com/jp_silent_c ... /jp001.htm

Found this retrofit co version kit also.
https://www.lawtactical.com/jp_silent_c ... /jp002.htm
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !