Anyone one use a Law Tactical Folding stock adapter?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

austinar15

Anyone one use a Law Tactical Folding stock adapter?

Post by austinar15 »

Anyone use a Law Tactical folding stock adapter? I want to put one on my 300blk AR pistol to make it easier to conceal and easier to keep locked and out of sight in my truck truck. But I'm not sure if it has any negative effects on reliability or the cycling of the gun. I currently have a pistol style buffer tube with a KAK blade and running a H3 buffer if that makes a difference relating to the adapter.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/st ... 71553.aspx
jgillaspy

Re: Anyone one use a Law Tactical Folding stock adapter?

Post by jgillaspy »

I'm using it and have had no issues with cycling, etc. Works great, just can't fire w/the stock folded.

JG
Be Fluid; Flexible is too rigid
Ago Servio
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

jgillaspy wrote:I'm using it and have had no issues with cycling, etc. Works great, just can't fire w/the stock folded.

JG
This has been my experience as well.

Seems well made and robust. Adds a bit of weight and length but that is part of the trade-off for the convenience of concealability.
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

BlogSarge wrote:
jgillaspy wrote:I'm using it and have had no issues with cycling, etc. Works great, just can't fire w/the stock folded.

JG
This has been my experience as well.

Seems well made and robust. Adds a bit of weight and length but that is part of the trade-off for the convenience of concealability.
Same goes for me. No problems here. I'm considering getting another one for another build, just deciding if I should do another complete lower or not.
austinar15

Post by austinar15 »

Okay cool, thanks for the response gentleman. I want to be able to lock it in something with in reach of the drivers seat in a jeep wrangler (4 door) and my 300blk AR pistol is 23 inches long which makes it difficult in a jeep. Having a folding stock would definitely help plus it will fit an a standard backpack which is a plus.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

Worst case, you might need to lighten your buffer due to the added reciprocating mass of the adapter's insert (what makes up for the length of the hinge mechanism).

I've got a gen 3 on my 458 Socom pistol and it's never been a problem.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

Jim Timber wrote:Worst case, you might need to lighten your buffer due to the added reciprocating mass of the adapter's insert (what makes up for the length of the hinge mechanism).

I've got a gen 3 on my 458 Socom pistol and it's never been a problem.
I dont recall seeing a picture of your 458 socom pistol . How do you like it ? I have run the crap out of a rock river 16 inch carbine . they definatly fubar what ever you shoot .
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

I like the round a lot, but need to work up better blasting loads and modify my moulds so the boolits fit the case better (using .45-70 moulds with lube rings and driving bands in bad places for the shorter cartridge). It's like 300BLK super sized. :lol:

If I can manage to draw a bear tag this year, I'll probably bring one of the 458Ss out instead of my .308 AR10. Hitting 2L water bottles at 100yds makes a good mess with 300+ grains even at slower speeds. Not having carrying power is a downfall, but in my woods you don't get a 100yd shot anyway (at least not until my logging happens next winter). It doesn't replace 300BLK, or 5.56, in my applications of those two calibers, but it does add one that's a bit unique in it's own right. We don't have hogs (yet!), and I wouldn't take the socom out for yote hunting, it's also a little heavy for our deer (300BLK gets it done nicely with minimal meat damage).

The pistol pictured is begging for a suppressor. I'm holding out for the HPA rather than filing a Form 1. I don't want to play the one design per stamp game, and I can't get my 07/02 until I have a building on my land up North; so that's the hold up there. City zoning won't allow me to operate a FFL here in the metro, which means the ATF is already a no-go as I can't get proof I'm legal to do it at my address. It is what it is, and the only solution is more $$$$ I don't have.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

One factor that is often overlooked is the additional LOP.
If you have a stock that is setup for a specific Length of Pull, the adapter will add a couple inches.
Additionally, it will move whatever you are using for your cheek weld.
This is very pronounced with a Magpul PRS stock.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
dbltaps
Silent Operator

Post by dbltaps »

I have a gen 3 FSA and love it! Like they said above, it adds a little weight and about 1"-1.5" length of pull. I use it in conjunction with a LWRC UCIW Ultra Compact Stock, which is about 1" shorter than a normal stock, so the length of pull is about standard. With this setup I have had no issues with supers suppressed and unsuppressed; still breaking in my rifle, so I haven't run subs through it yet...