Lehigh 110gr controlled chaos aftermath pics

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DeanD1

Lehigh 110gr controlled chaos aftermath pics

Post by DeanD1 »

As the title says I'm looking for some pictures of the cavity aftermath of a deer/hog anything like that after being hit by one of them. I am torn between this bullet, and the blacktips for my hunting use. Any help would be most appreciated.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lehigh 110gr controlled chaos aftermath pics

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I don't have any pictures for you but I think you cannot go wrong with the black tips. I plan to try the Lehigh Defense CC this year. My approach is to make sure I'm back into the ribs a little bit too avoid the shoulders. I may even try the above the shoulder neck shot as well. I just hope it doesn't blow the neck in two... that would be a hard one to explain to a game warden lol.
DeanD1

Post by DeanD1 »

tallburnedmidget wrote:I don't have any pictures for you but I think you cannot go wrong with the black tips. I plan to try the Lehigh Defense CC this year. My approach is to make sure I'm back into the ribs a little bit too avoid the shoulders. I may even try the above the shoulder neck shot as well. I just hope it doesn't blow the neck in two... that would be a hard one to explain to a game warden lol.
That is my main concern with the lehigh. I watched a test of it the other day gel was in the shape of a human torso with ribs, heart entrance was 2-4 inches below the ribs and the hydrostatic shock from the bullet exploding (appeared that way) was enough to take out the heart also. I am aiming for the best hunting round I can get my hands on at this point I've narrowed it down to the two. I think it's going to be a case of not being wrong choosing either but I reload so that would be a big selling point for me. I will have to dig that video up and post it here.

Edited to add the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4vtO0ibMO0
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Both are very capable of taking deer. I would think the Controlled Chaos might be better for the hogs as it has the rear portion of the bullet stay together and act as a solid slug for an exit wound. The Blacktips would be better if you hit meat in deer rather than the explosive shrapnel approach of the CC.

Hopefully someone has used the CC on a hog and can pipe in as to how they worked out.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I want to know this to!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
DeanD1

Post by DeanD1 »

I may just have to be the guinea pig for this bullet this next season. I just don't want to ruin any meat on these coastal deer that I hunt they are so small as it is.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

tallburnedmidget wrote:I don't have any pictures for you but I think you cannot go wrong with the black tips. I plan to try the Lehigh Defense CC this year. My approach is to make sure I'm back into the ribs a little bit too avoid the shoulders. I may even try the above the shoulder neck shot as well. I just hope it doesn't blow the neck in two... that would be a hard one to explain to a game warden lol.
I shot a deer in the face at 25 yds with my 480 revolver and it removed all of the head from the ears forward . I took it to the check station and when the young lady there ask me how old it was I replied I dont know , she started explaining how to check and I said that wasnt possible so not heeding my warning she climbed in the back of my truck then hung her head over the side and puked . no explaining was needed.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Did I read somewhere not to use the CC in an SBR ?
Wjackson11x

Post by Wjackson11x »

randyrucker wrote:Did I read somewhere not to use the CC in an SBR ?
Just curious, what would be the reasoning behind this? I bought a box of them recently to try in my 9.5"
DeanD1

Post by DeanD1 »

Emailed lehigh today and this is the response that I received from them.

Hi Dean,
We have 3 different choices for 300 BLK Out ammo.

We have a 110 gr Controlled Chaos what happens here is upon impact there is a hydrostatic force that is created and the bullets is blown apart into very small pieces. You would have to clean your meat with detail to make sure you got all the fragments out.

Next is our 174 gr Controlled fracturing design. When the bullet makes impact it separates into 4 different projectiles creating more wound channels. Also if you have a bad shot you are more likely to still kill the animal. This is the one I would personally use

Finally there is our 194 Maximum Expansion. When the bullet makes impact it expands to twice its size and leaves a HUGE wound cavity. This is our most popular round.

If you go our website there are videos that show you what each bullet does.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Josh Lentz

Lehigh Defense.
130 Penn Am Drive
Suite D-1
Quakertown, PA 18951
http://www.lehighdefense.com/