Texas hog hunt.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

FartinSpartan

Re: Texas hog hunt.

Post by FartinSpartan »

Thanks gds and BJK, that is good to know. I know some people are just trying to deal with the nuisance factor but it is good to know you can eat them as well.
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

You use the reticle on the PIP or basic for targeting? Same zero?
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

popper wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:12 pm You use the reticle on the PIP or basic for targeting? Same zero?
The main reticle. The pip is the same zero.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

Thanks, just getting into this.
Roadrunner1969

Post by Roadrunner1969 »

gds, that is my home country. I was born about 20 miles south of Killeen, and our family place is in Burnet County, about 35 miles SW of Killeen. My main place is about 3 hours east of Killeen, in Houston County...surrounded by thousands of acres of Davy Crockett National Forest.
I had been plagued by hogs for several years, but last year I cut timber and built a lake. Haven't seen a sign of a hog on my place since December.
I have eaten wild hog before but now I just kill them and haul them off to the back fence line where the wind don't blow from.