Barnes 120gr jacketed hollow point

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Ryan0402

Barnes 120gr jacketed hollow point

Post by Ryan0402 »

I recently purchased some Barnes 120g jacketed hollow points FB. I had been looking for the 110 tac-tx ammo but there is none in stock anywhere. Do you think the hollow points would be okay to use for deer? I am new to this.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barnes 120gr jacketed hollow point

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Midwayusa.com had the 110 TAC TX in stock this morning if you are still looking.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Still available as of today and free shipping if you buy at least two boxes in case you or anyone else is looking for this bullet.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Ryan0402 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:01 pm I recently purchased some Barnes 120g jacketed hollow points FB. I had been looking for the 110 tac-tx ammo but there is none in stock anywhere. Do you think the hollow points would be okay to use for deer? I am new to this.
probably not in the blackout. those are probably built for 308 speeds. we would need to know exactly with part number you're discussing to be absolutely sure though.

the 110 tac-tx blacktip bullet is specifically engineered for the 300 blackout and its velocity window., likewise for the 120gr blacktip.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BobinNC »

Ryan0402 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:01 pm I recently purchased some Barnes 120g jacketed hollow points FB. I had been looking for the 110 tac-tx ammo but there is none in stock anywhere. Do you think the hollow points would be okay to use for deer? I am new to this.

Midway has them in stock. Today Oct 3, 2021

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010410999?pid=614359

Grafs has them in stock. Today Oct 3, 2021

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/27588

Optics Planet has them in stock. Today

https://www.opticsplanet.com/barnes-bul ... 0-box.html

Selway Armory has them in stock. Today

http://www.selwayarmory.com/barnes-bull ... of-50.html
GeronPG

Post by GeronPG »

I've taken 2 deer cleanly with a 124 Nosler BT. I've loaded some Accubonds, which I think is a little tougher, but haven't taken any game with it yet. Both are very accurate.
I just ordered and received some of the Barnes 120 TAC-TX which they say are designed specifically for the blackout. Haven't loaded them up and tested them yet, but others say they are accurate, and they are probably pretty tough and expand well.
I'd be hesitant to use a "varmint" bullet on medium game. It would probably work well with head, neck or lung shots, but you don't always get the shot you want.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

I've gotten pretty good accuracy out of the 110 TX. I've heard nothing but good things about hunting with them. Many consider this the best blackout bullet for hunting/home defense/law enforcement, etc. I don't think you will be let down and I don't believe that their application necessarily mirrors traditional varmint bullets. They're known to expand well down to lower velocities, stay together, and penetrate deep.