Blooded the new rifle

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Blooded the new rifle

Post by gds »

Walkers Bay wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:34 am I can add to this story a bit too now that I see the funnier side of it.
So after I catch up on the wounded hind, I put a round into her I find out she try's to jump the boundary fence into the Bush and broken a couple of rotten posts off.
That's fine it happens. Shes hung up in a tree root just over the edge of a near vertical bank, so I have to get a rope to pull her uphill.
I got out to the 2 deer I'd parked the old farm truck near, gutted them, loaded them in the back and returned to the shed to hang them up for the night.
I gave Mum a quick run down on how my evening had went and she suggested we go back now and puts a coat on and grabs a pack. We pick up the freshly serviced 700cc farm quad and trailer from the house sheds. (We had to take the quad because it got far too steep and tight for trucks.)
Between the 2 of us we levered and towed this deer up the steep bank with the bike. I gutted it out and Mum goes to start the bike up so we can load up and leave and won't start, like it would turn over but not fire. The exact fault it was just back from having fixed!
That was 45mins walk home in the dark, which was nice enough on a pleasant night chatting to my mother.
I start getting ready for bed in the family cottage quietly cos my wife and kids are already asleep when I get a knock on the front door.
Mums had to come down and saying the front door of the main house isn't opening and it's hardly ever been locked so that's not that straight away.
Another 1/2 hour fiddling about with that i end up finding a ladder and contorting myself through an open toilet window and opening a back door to let her in.
Got to bed bout 1130 quarter to 12.

Had to recover the bike/ deer the next day and fix the aluminium front door when Dad returned from work to give me a hand.

I'm telling you it was a shmozal from start to finish and one of those experiences where your saying to yourself that you'd couldn't make this sh$t up if you tried.
I am not laughing at your misfortune... Ok, maybe I am laughing a little bit. :lol:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Re: Blooded the new rifle

Post by Walkers Bay »

dellet wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:44 am It all probably started with a thought running through your head something like,

“I’ll just walk over there and shoot that damn deer real quick”

Another day on the ranch :lol:

Merry Christmas
We'd spent the better part of the day packing my truck to come down to the farm for Christmas and well I just needed a break from the kids before I completely lost my patience.
I was really just out for some exercise and head space with my rifle.

Merry Christmas to y'all