92lb Button Buck Hornady Sub x and ST300P Mk2

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

92lb Button Buck Hornady Sub x and ST300P Mk2

Post by gds »

Shot this button Buck last night. Using the Hornady Sub X and My ST300P Mk 2 7.5 inch 300blk. 50 yd shot

I got a good hit but this bugger traveled a distance in the thick swamp. And again the Bullet performed very well. He left a decent enough blood trail, but I am definitely getting old. Dragging him to the field was a job. :oops: I could post this on 6.8 forums and tell them it was a 6.8 and there is no way they would question it. :lol:

Entrance

Exit
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: 92lb Button Buck Hornady Sub x and ST300P Mk2

Post by gds »

Gore

I was hunting on the edge of a field into the woods. Behind me were 2 young does when I took the shot. Even a Subsonic suppressed is not super quiet. The impact alone on flesh is pretty loud. The 2 does took off after the shot but only went into the field a little bit and then came back. one of them ended up wandering into the woods and ended up 20 ft in front of my blind. Had she not been so small. I would have gotten a 2fer last night.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Man gds, you’re taking care of business!

And what are you doing dragging it? You’ve got kids for that!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

BlogSarge wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:38 am Man gds, you’re taking care of business!

He's only been a grandpa a couple years, he's still in denial :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

BlogSarge wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:38 am Man gds, you’re taking care of business!

I did almost go back to the house and get my 15 year old son. After the fact I really regret not doing that.

That Hornady sub X. I am very impressed with so far. So far of the factory made bullets that I've messed with. I think this has the best potential so far compared to others that I've personally tried.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:08 pm

He's only been a grandpa a couple years, he's still in denial :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

gds wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:27 am Gore

I was hunting on the edge of a field into the woods. Behind me were 2 young does when I took the shot. Even a Subsonic suppressed is not super quiet. The impact alone on flesh is pretty loud. The 2 does took off after the shot but only went into the field a little bit and then came back. one of them ended up wandering into the woods and ended up 20 ft in front of my blind. Had she not been so small. I would have gotten a 2fer last night.

:lol:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 pm
gds wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:27 am Gore

:lol:
Ouch. :oops: :shock: :lol:
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

Spoon & Crockpot Club. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: first time I've seen that. :lol: :lol: thats me too! I'll take a spike or doe over a mature buck any day!
nice shot. that bullet did the job!
peace through superior firepower
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Nice!!!
That boy is going to be tender for sure hahaha.

Don't worry I've taken 2 button bucks in my life... accidently though.

They had no bumps or discoloring where nubs should have been.
No one knew they were a bucks until we went to skin em and saw balls hahahaa.

I use 50mm fixed 20X power binocs specifically so I can try and avoid nubbers and deer with tiny points that make them legaly not spikes or culls (1 unbranched antler). At 100 yds its hard to see this stuff even with the 20X.

In both of my button buck's cases if you put your hand on the head you could feel some bumps but even there with your hand on the animals head it was not an obvious button buck so no chance at 100yds to tell so and these deer dont always give you a good view between the legs hahaha.