1st ST300P Mk 1 kill

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

1st ST300P Mk 1 kill

Post by gds »

It has been a rough hunting season so far. During Bow season shot at the same doe twice and missed, the first time because she dropped when she heard the string release and I failed to compensate for that. The second time I literally watched my arrow curve to the right. Still have no idea how that happened. Muzzle loader season was a complete bust. Gun season started so I brought out my ST300P Mk 1.

I took her last night. She was not big. That is the problem with shooting with 2 minutes till last light, she looked much bigger in my scope. :oops:

Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
der Teufel

Re: 1st ST300P Mk 1 kill

Post by der Teufel »

Maybe not real big, but she's still a plus one in your scoring column!
"A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject." — John R. Lott
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

And she’ll be nice and tender!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

gds wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:51 am The second time I literally watched my arrow curve to the right.
Been studying under Lars Andersen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_z4a0 ... andersen23
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

bangbangping wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 am
gds wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:51 am The second time I literally watched my arrow curve to the right.
Been studying under Lars Andersen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_z4a0 ... andersen23
LOL. I wish. Plus it was a crossbow. I even recovered it and took it back to the house where I have the distance laid out and put the same arrow right in the center of the bullseye. I really don't know what happened.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Not sure if it’s the way the photo was taken or not but, is your pistol setup actually longer than your deer? :shock:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:20 am Not sure if it’s the way the photo was taken or not but, is your pistol setup actually longer than your deer? :shock:
I did not measure, but it was close. 10.5 inch barrel, with a 10 inch suppressor. :oops:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Tender vittles for sure.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

yum vealison. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.