Gorilla Barnes Bonded Soft Point

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mas Casa

Gorilla Barnes Bonded Soft Point

Post by Mas Casa »

Greetings,

Does anyone have experience with this loading (https://www.gorillaammo.com/product/gor ... _d2014a3c1)?

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the Hunting or Main Discussion areas, although I may have missed it.

Appreciate the info.
Regaj
Silent Operator

Re: Gorilla Barnes Bonded Soft Point

Post by Regaj »

No experience with it. But if you're going to use it for hunting my first question would be about the bullet. Many .308 bullets "fit" the 300 Blackout, of course. But most of those were designed for the faster velocity .308 Win and .30-06 cartridges, and may perform poorly when used in the somewhat slower Blackout.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe Barnes sells a "150gr Barnes Bonded Pointed Soft Point," either in factory ammunition or as a component. Which makes the provenance of the bullet in the Gorilla load something of a curiosity.

Will be interested in what you find.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gorilla Barnes Bonded Soft Point

Post by dellet »

Barnes Customer service/technical has always been excellent. A call or email should have a reasonably quick answer, unless the new owners have screwed things up.

Barnes has made bullets for other companies in the past and Gorilla has a good reputation, So I would take them at their word. Performance needs to be verified either way.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.