Nutnfancy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Re: Nutnfancy

Post by trabikoenig »

Some of you apparently have a stronger will than I do; I only made it 1:12 in.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

I totally get nutin, He's an Air Force pilot and a clone of 1000 other pilots Ive worked with. So for me, his perspective, and the way he analyzes stuff is super familiar. Its like I know him without ever meeting him lol. Oh, and they love the sound of their own voice, they dont know any better. All that said, I can say with complete certainty he means well...he is just a nerd/geek. He became famous for making long winded videos about knives and he has stayed true to that.

Using 150gr was stupid and tainted the video. It sounded like he was trying to sneak it into a roll between 5.56 and 7.62x51 and then complaining about how it falls short...duh!

I have to give him props, with all his goofyness, he has prattled his way into a successful youtube channel. He has reached and influenced millions of people with notions of self reliance, strong gun culture and support for the 2nd. He is not for everyone but I think he reaches a segment that alot of other folks talk right past. Im glad hes out there even if I cant watch an entire video...too long.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

He always takes the point of a combat load though. It wasn't just stupid it was purposely intended to support his position.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

SwampDog_13 wrote:Y'all get a good number of "half backs" over your way don't ya rebel?

It took a couple hours but I was able to make it through his video end to end. Although he dismisses the 300 blackout "loyalist" information, he seems to just jump straight onto the anti blackout groups way of thinking. I don't think there are many owners who consider the round to be a long range caliber so I have no issue with him discussing the shortcomings at 750m. His round choice, albeit he is anti handloading, is weak at best. His 400yd test that was hit or miss would have been much more effective with a 100-125gn bullet. Seeing what some of our members can do at 200-300yds with subs pretty much negates that argument. Running his test with a middle of the road round instead of one that excels at super velocities was a poor choice.
Not to many up this way. They can't understand us and our mountain twang. Most are between me and you and control the State capitol. Bummer.
Plus most mountain boys just knock hell out of you when you give them sh%t. To a Yankee that's just normal conversation until their head has a knot on it. 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
daddyusmaximus

Post by daddyusmaximus »

I've seen several of his videos. He has some good points sometimes, and is clueless others. I guess that's average for a you tube guy, but I quit watching him because it takes him 45 minutes to review something. I guess if you're bored and lonely at home in your mom's basement, he's entertaining. When I go looking for a review, I just want info on how something works. You're never gonna see eye to eye with some you tube guy on everything, so I'd watch again if he had an interesting subject. I just hate how long he takes to make his point. Keep in mind he was an Air Force guy (officer I think) so he's gonna over analyze everything. He's trying to learn grunt stuff now that he's retired, but I'll give him props for trying.
You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.
daddyusmaximus

Post by daddyusmaximus »

Oops. double tapped.
You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

A-Game wrote:He always takes the point of a combat load though. It wasn't just stupid it was purposely intended to support his position.
Agree, he has the WROL philosophy and applies it to topics as he sees it. So he is always going to favor NATO cartridges because they are so abundant and easy to stack deep. In a WROL situation common cartridges may be the easiest to scavenge. None of that is why most folks get into 300 blk In my opinion.

In his video if he had used a good load with 125gr bullet he could have cut his bullet drop almost in half and that would have been a better comparison.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

TreeTopFlier wrote:I totally get nutin, He's an Air Force pilot and a clone of 1000 other pilots Ive worked with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYLPoTNnKAk
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

TreeTopFlier wrote: Agree, he has the WROL philosophy and applies it to topics as he sees it. So he is always going to favor NATO cartridges because they are so abundant and easy to stack deep. In a WROL situation common cartridges may be the easiest to scavenge. None of that is why most folks get into 300 blk In my opinion.
In panic buying situations, I've noticed that the usual sources (WalMart, Dick's, etc) have no stock of .308 or 5.56, but traditional hunting rounds like .30-06 or .243 can be found. Of course, that's just an observation - I don't let myself run that short of ammo.

I do agree about case-lot purchases. If you want to stock up, a standard military caliber is the right choice.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

rebel wrote: Not to many up this way. They can't understand us and our mountain twang. Most are between me and you and control the State capitol. Bummer.
Plus most mountain boys just knock hell out of you when you give them sh%t. To a Yankee that's just normal conversation until their head has a knot on it. 8)
My Dad always called it a may knot.

I wish I could hear him explain again that "It may go away

And it may not".
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.