Nutnfancy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Nutnfancy

Post by smustian »

TreeTopFlier wrote:I totally get nutin, He's an Air Force pilot and a clone of 1000 other pilots Ive worked with.
He was a big jet pilot, something like a C-141 or C-5, not a fighter pilot. 2 different worlds and attitudes. Fighter pilots are borderline crazy and fly that way. Big jet pilots are definitely more laid back.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

smustian wrote:
TreeTopFlier wrote:I totally get nutin, He's an Air Force pilot and a clone of 1000 other pilots Ive worked with.
He was a big jet pilot, something like a C-141 or C-5, not a fighter pilot. 2 different worlds and attitudes. Fighter pilots are borderline crazy and fly that way. Big jet pilots are definitely more laid back.
So true! He was a tanker driver, KC135 I think. Guys that fly heavies have a team/crew mentality, they are used to working with and considering others.

The way nutin talks about things reminds me of my countless hours on the long cord (intercom) fixing systems all the while having to listen to the cockpit conversations. Usually, one pilot describing the complex inner workings of, oh say, the hydraulic system Im working on with 100% certainty and about 40% accuracy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

I worked avionics and got yelled at more than once for putting "Operator Error" in the forms. :lol: Front end crew did not like that. Maybe it was the fact that a person without a college degree (at the time anyway) told them they F'd up, were mistaken, etc. and was in the forms for all to see. :shock:
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

smustian wrote:I worked avionics and got yelled at more than once for putting "Operator Error" in the forms. :lol: Front end crew did not like that. Maybe it was the fact that a person without a college degree (at the time anyway) told them they F'd up, were mistaken, etc. and was in the forms for all to see. :shock:
IFF does not work in OFF mode :lol: epic
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

What I always like is when they write up the wrong component/position in the logbook, and you have to mention that in the maintenance action, otherwise you haven't addressed the original defect. :twisted:
Emmaclearwater

Post by Emmaclearwater »

hope it will be ok?
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

He was always arrogant, but sometimes had a useful perspective if you had the patience.

I like that he managed to get a lot of people doing run and gun stuff, and that he kinda helped to standardize language for a few concepts.
i.e. Categorizing purposes of gear, empahasizing weight and durability, and that if it works, it doesn't matter how much or how little it cost, and vice versa,. The size and weight stuff. I liked some of the mindset stuff, but not that he talked about philosophy as though his was the only right answer and you are neglectful of duty if you come to different conclusions than him.

I think he did call out a few bad products too.

I got some useful motorcycle gear and first aid info from him. So credit is given for the good.

Now for the other stuff.

I thought he was kind of a sleazy guy with a rotten view of women which he encouraged his sons in. Seeing a few videos with his wife and how he treats her made me think a lot less of him.

Then there were his Saiga 12 videos which just showed him to be completely ignorant of the subject matter. He was plugging his friend's builds, which were bolt on accessories badly installed, and not tuned to function. Then he blamed the gun, not the tech. The friend was so proud of his builds jamming on video too. I couldn't believe that. I would not advertise myself as a builder if I couldn't make my guns 100% functional with all ammo as delivered. But that guy didn't know enough to know that he sucked at it. See also the saiga 308 with huge clamp on poser muzzle brake. He called the rifle heavy, and complained about that, but it was almost entirely due to his clumsy bolt on gear that any AK guy would laugh at.

This however was the last straw for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4rfUVpYozk

He causes his son to crash motorcycle. Lemme 'splain. SOP for motorcycles is when group riding you let the noob lead, so that he sets a pace he can handle, and so you can see him if he goes down and help. Maybe for a technical bit you lead at a relaxed pace as an example of form and what lines to take, but generally just let the noob lead.

Nuttn's too cool for that. Instead he rips through technical stuff and kinda gives the kid a hard time for not keeping up. As wrong as it could be. Then the kid eats it and gets hurt.

His reaction is not so much concern for his son but excitement for a chance to play with his med kit. When EMTs arrive, he's in their way, and trying to get them to acknowledge how cool his kit is.

The sons and family are very patient with him and respectful. particularly in the hospital room. I give them a lot of credit for that.

That did it for me.

Then a year or two later, he modified a gun, made it not work, made negative reviews against the company, and lied about what was modified. People saved videos and posts about that proving the contradictions, and he pulled them down. He never apologized. I think he had integrity before that, and it probably isn't his norm, but it was all about pride. He preferred to lie rather than admit that he screwed up the gun from lack of technical knowledge. It was something about him goofing up the gas system on an over priced gun so that he could cerakote it or something like that. With the wrong gas block it wasn't working. I might have the details wrong, but that's approximately how it was. I think this was the video about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uWMKtfPc4 If I posted the right video, there is more vitriol than necessary, but the evidence is damning.

I think most of his failings flow from a combination of his competitive ego and his mormon beliefs. He's in charge, and there's going to be an apocalypse that needs preppers. The casual talking down to and about women, and the "I'm married, but I still got eyes" kind of attitude tend to go with that too. So he's the stereotypical man of the house patriarch, gearing up for the end. He got a hell of a lot of stuff done, and has fans for a reason, and a lot of the successes come from those same two factors.

Bottom line, I think his opinions have some merit about some things, but there are now a lot of other people with as good or better info without all the ego.
FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

As I posted on a different gun forum (paraphrasing here)..

He got his tongue sunburned.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

I am not smart enough to figure out what that expression means.

Talking so much that his tongue is in open air for significant periods perhaps?
GreenPig

Post by GreenPig »

Blowhard!