My first YouTube drama

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Scratch
Silent But Deadly

My first YouTube drama

Post by Scratch »

So I made this YouTube video a couple weeks ago, and in it is an AR pistol with a Blade pistol stabilizing brace. Wouldn't you know it, I get this guy who posts up how illegal I am to have a stock on a pistol. I tried to explain to him that it's not a stock but he seems to not want to listen. Feel free to read our conversation in the comments and add to it if you want. His name is Scott Boss, and the video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2sBG0JCXo
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: My first YouTube drama

Post by plant.one »

a good friend of mine is dating a LEO... we were talking guns so i showed him my pistol with the sig brace on it and he about had a meltdown because my pistol had a "stock" on it and i could get in a bunch of trouble with it - so i know where you're coming from. :roll: :roll:

and to your credit you didnt actually call your blade a stock in the video - just noted the law folding stock adapter.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

Apparently SBs comments were removed ..... Or I'm an idiot, (which is quite possible) Cause I can't find it.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

svh wrote:Apparently SBs comments were removed ..... Or I'm an idiot, (which is quite possible) Cause I can't find it.
Looks like he deleted his comments which I guess deleted our entire conversation. I didn't delete anything. Thanks to those that joined in on the fun!
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

I'm still encountering people who think using (let alone owning) a silencer is illegal.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

The world is full of idiots. YouTube is a great place to find them. (Gun ranges are a close second.)
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
Zen Archery
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Zen Archery »

I set all my comments to be approved. Keep out them types of peoples.
tedscissors
Silent But Deadly

Post by tedscissors »

At 2:57 in the video, you do state "I keep my rifle folded in my pack"
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

tedscissors wrote:At 2:57 in the video, you do state "I keep my rifle folded in my pack"
Yes, I know... I was wrong there, and mistakenly called it a rifle at that point, but I could have called it a turkey sandwich too.... That wouldn't change the fact that it's still legally a pistol.
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

HAH! I've gone shooting with my friend's cousin who is a law enforcement officer up in [not going to say], Alaska, and there was a sig brace on an AR pistol another person in the group had brought. When he first saw it, he laughed, grabbed the gun (cleared it first), and said "Hey look!" Then jokingly put the brace to his cheek and said, "Legal," then shoved it into his shoulder and said, "FELONY!" We all laughed and went on with the day. Maybe he's an exception???
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.