My first YouTube drama

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Re: My first YouTube drama

Post by RAINS »

You know that's the one thing I like about my Blade brace. It says pistol brace on the side of it! I nearly fell out of my chair with the, "Now it's legal, now it's a felony bit." Hehe....

R
Emmaclearwater

Post by Emmaclearwater »

good keep it up
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

Hey. You are pretty entertaining as a video maker thing.

I don't know why that surprises me, but I suppose I just expect cool guys on forums to be bumbly mumbly out of focus on youtube. At least that is what I fit in with.

As for youtube comments... People are more strongly motivated by negative emotion, so it tends to be that those are the comments that get posted. It's a survorship bias favoring the crap. There's a reason why stupidfilter.org used random samplings of youtube comments as the basis for determining what stupid speech looks like for their auto recognition software.

That said, I have noticed that the broader the audience for the video, the worse the comments. Even within communities. The more focused the channel or technical the topic, the better the comments. I have learned a lot and 'met' a lot of good people through youtube comments. I hope I have helped a few.

Don't let the negative get you down. Figure that you are doing very well if you get 1 positive & intelligent comment or question per every 7 of the other sort. Purposely remind yourself of that when you get them. Also give those guys more of your time and thought than the morons.

Or to put it another way, don't let a guy who didn't have the time to properly think through or spell a single sentence, offset the qualtiy of work which might have brought that lazy guy there. He didn't put in enough effort to earn even 5 minutes of your serious thought, or put you in a bad mood.