Show your ride.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Re: Show your ride.

Post by Sithlord »

As much as I hate to get post given the above bikini shot (and I don't see a buffalo either... Must need glasses)..

1972 Porsche 914-4. Not the original color.. At 6'4", I can barely fit in it; It can fit UNDER most SUVs....

Larry B
Silent But Deadly

Post by Larry B »

Sithlord wrote:As much as I hate to get post given the above bikini shot (and I don't see a buffalo either... Must need glasses)..

1972 Porsche 914-4. Not the original color.. At 6'4", I can barely fit in it; It can fit UNDER most SUVs....

my sister had a 914 back in the late 70's. The Boschtronic fuel injection was a nightmare. Swapped it out for a couple webbers. Great little car till the ohio winters and salt ate it up. Nice ride. Glad to see one so well taken care of.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Lots of torque, lots of HP, really crappy gas mileage but fun as hell 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

rebel wrote:Image
Lots of torque, lots of HP, really crappy gas mileage but fun as hell 8)
That's bad ass! I need something like that, what year?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

1968 (more nickel in the block) 390 block. Bored .030 over, heads shaved .010. Crank balanced and cut .020.
Crane torquer cam, 428 Interceptor intake, Holley 650, high volume oil pump and super deep pan and sump.
Custom home made traction system 4 link, New Process 435 tranny, New Process 205 transfer case.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Larry B wrote:
Sithlord wrote:As much as I hate to get post given the above bikini shot (and I don't see a buffalo either... Must need glasses)..

my sister had a 914 back in the late 70's. The Boschtronic fuel injection was a nightmare. Swapped it out for a couple webbers. Great little car till the ohio winters and salt ate it up. Nice ride. Glad to see one so well taken care of.
What a fun car. Got to drive my uncle's back in the early 80's. On the north loop of Atlanta, just having fun, I looked at speed and I was doing 105 mph with 2500 rpm to red line. Did not even know it. Got the "OH SH*T" look and backed down to 70. He never let me drive his 911 when he had it. LOL
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Nice truck reb! I feel you about crappy gas mileage as mine gets 4 mpg just cruising around.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

certifiable wrote:Nice truck reb! I feel you about crappy gas mileage as mine gets 4 mpg just cruising around.

at that point it almost feels like gallons per mile instead of miles per gallon - reminds me of grandpa's old 76 f250 :lol:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Cept grandpa's truck didn't have around 400 horses. 8) This truck can cruise down the highway either pulling a load or not and if I keep my foot steady I can get almost 10 mpg. If I get my foot in it, the thing that pulls the space shuttle does better. My problem is finding non ethanol 93 octane. I run Lucas octane boost, 1 bottle a tank. It will not run on 87 octane and sits it sits some, non ethanol is the way to go.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

And that is why I love my little Sidekick bomber, as it sit's I get 24-28mpg with mainly backroad mtn driving. LOL
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap