2.4 mile shot

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

2.4 mile shot

Post by rebel »

https://youtu.be/b658zDEXZUk
I know it's a really well produced advertisement, but still pretty cool. The work going into this must have been well thought out. Very nice rifle.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: 2.4 mile shot

Post by plant.one »

even though i'm sure it was well shielded... i dunno if i'd wanted to be the dude in the observation bunker there in front of the target! just sitting there anticipating the possible *thump* on the shelter had to have been nerve racking to some extent :shock:

thats still damn cool stuff though! i cant even imagine trying to lob rounds that far, no less with any semblance of accuracy!

0.5 mph wind changes = 4' of drift OMG!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Yeah, that's nuts. Pretty cool.

plant, you ever work the pits at a rifle match? Bullets are loud as they fly over your head. A little unnerving the first time.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

Pffft, For a target at that distance I'll get on the horn to a red leg to take it out.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

bangbangping wrote:Yeah, that's nuts. Pretty cool.

plant, you ever work the pits at a rifle match? Bullets are loud as they fly over your head. A little unnerving the first time.

nope. never been to any kind of formal comp at all. i can imagine that until you're a seasoned pro down in those pits that the pucker factor is pretty high!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

A 230 MOA rail is crazy. Really wasn't that impressed though... He was all over then hit it once. I guess if you want a rifle that can put rounds into an area the size of a small shack at 2.4 miles, they built one.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

tfbit wrote:A 230 MOA rail is crazy. Really wasn't that impressed though... He was all over then hit it once. I guess if you want a rifle that can put rounds into an area the size of a small shack at 2.4 miles, they built one.

^^THIS^^

Cool, but not impressed.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Kind of a party trick kind of shot and it would have been nice to see it repeated once he got the dope/ but.............

If you stop and think about the numbers tho, it would like hitting a nickel at 100 yards, bullet speed in the 1000 fps range, with a stiff crosswind. I'm guessing it would take me a few shots to make it work.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Hell, I'd claim that shot. Getting actual dope at that range would be impossible anyway, if a bee flew through the path of your bullet it'd mess things up.

Also scored my first 1000yd competition last year, it's very surprising how loud those bullets are when they go over your head. Once you see the bunker's wall though, you have no concerns for your safety, there's literally no way to get hurt.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

Overton-AR wrote:
tfbit wrote:A 230 MOA rail is crazy. Really wasn't that impressed though... He was all over then hit it once. I guess if you want a rifle that can put rounds into an area the size of a small shack at 2.4 miles, they built one.

^^THIS^^

Cool, but not impressed.
Reminds me of JM's 1000 yard shot with the 9mm. If you gave me enough ammo, I could probably hit it at least once