Remington 220gr Subsonic vs. IIIA Body Armor

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Quiet Riot
Silent But Deadly

Remington 220gr Subsonic vs. IIIA Body Armor

Post by Quiet Riot »

The Remington 220gr Subsonic in 300 AAC BLACKOUT is probably the most popular factory-loaded subsonic rifle round available. Though its power is the rough equivalent of a hot 45ACP load, the Sierra Match King bullet is pointed and streamlined. This load is tested against a panel of IIIA body armer to see if the bullet shape makes the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4edDJLuErg
Check out my Youtube Channel, TWANGnBANG.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remington 220gr Subsonic vs. IIIA Body Armor

Post by gds »

Awesome video again.

I wonder if that kind of force would break enough ribs and cause enough damage to make it difficult to recover. it looked like it went pretty deep.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Meatspin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Meatspin »

gds wrote:Awesome video again.

I wonder if that kind of force would break enough ribs and cause enough damage to make it difficult to recover. it looked like it went pretty deep.
Althought the vest did technically catch the bullet, it sure looks like you'd have a very bad day in that scenario.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

cool videos! I sure wouldn't want to be hit with it. a hit like that eventhough it didn't penentrate would still severly damage internal organs.
peace through superior firepower
badguybuster
Silent But Deadly

Post by badguybuster »

When I was in the police academy we shot a level III vest with a 12 guage slug from 25 yards against a ballistic dummy. The vest stopped the slug but it penetrated 6 inches into the torso and stuck not nice and not likely survivable
Dyin aint much of a livin' boy
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

I bet a FMJ bullet or a machined copped solid would penetrate that vest because neither of those will mushroom.

I shot a 150gr subsonic at a level IIA vest and it went through both sides of the vest .... 42 layers of kevlar and the 2x4 the vest was stapled to. We shot the vest from 100 yds. I was gobsmacked by the penetration.
FSM

Post by FSM »

Very cool vid. Thanks for sharing