Pricey Gun Show Powders

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Fox84
Silent Operator

Pricey Gun Show Powders

Post by Fox84 »

After months of searching the internet and local stores, I found some Lil Gun and H110 for sale. The 8lb jug of Lil Gun was $220 and they wanted $34.99 for a lb of H110. I bought the only 8lb jug I saw. There were a few vendors with powder but they all wanted $35 a lb.
WHA1949
Silent Operator

Re: Pricey Gun Show Powders

Post by WHA1949 »

Don't forget to add the cost of getting into the Gun Show to the out the door price.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Ouch. Keep paying it, and they'll keep charging it. I found Lil Gun, 1680, and Varget at Sportsman's on the same day at normal prices. Last week, they had gotten 1680 and Tac in again.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

DoubleJ wrote:Ouch. Keep paying it, and they'll keep charging it. I found Lil Gun, 1680, and Varget at Sportsman's on the same day at normal prices. Last week, they had gotten 1680 and Tac in again.

Agreed. If people keep paying for it, they will keep charging it. Tell em to pound sand. If no one buys it, they'll drop price to move it.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

300.BLK
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 300.BLK »

DoubleJ wrote:Ouch. Keep paying it, and they'll keep charging it. I found Lil Gun, 1680, and Varget at Sportsman's on the same day at normal prices. Last week, they had gotten 1680 and Tac in again.
I just hate the 2 limit. Makes it not worth it really...

Keep consistent with gunbot. I snagged 24lbs of Lil gun from powdervalley. I saw it 3 times on there.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

Where are you? I have 10lbs of H110 for sale, $260.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

polizei1 wrote:Where are you? I have 10lbs of H110 for sale, $260.
Brother...if you could ship it, id take it!!!

Such a pain to stay stocked up these days. I remember when....
afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Post by afshirt »

Even if you do find it cheaper online you still have the hazmat fees and shipping to contend with. When I find higher prices powder at a gunshow if it is still within what it would cost me online with all the extra fees if I am going to have to pay it anyway, might as well take it home immediately.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training
POWDER4SALE
Silent But Deadly

Post by POWDER4SALE »

Powder will be a little cheaper for the next few weeks as this is "A" time of the year when its produced. Get it now before its rare again. I did see a little Unique & 2400 which I have not seen in 3 years. If you shoot pistol, shock up now as this was more than likely the last run before its made again in June. Factories are cranking out rifle powder for the hunting season. 3rdGen, Natchez, & Powder Valley had the powder, look for it at midsouth/Grafs/widners in case they get their alottments in. Then again I have had back orders in at Grafs for pistol powder for over a year.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

POWDER4SALE wrote:Powder will be a little cheaper for the next few weeks as this is "A" time of the year when its produced. Get it now before its rare again.
What the heck is "A" production time?
POWDER4SALE wrote:I did see a little Unique & 2400 which I have not seen in 3 years. If you shoot pistol, shock up now as this was more than likely the last run before its made again in June. Factories are cranking out rifle powder for the hunting season. 3rdGen, Natchez, & Powder Valley had the powder, look for it at midsouth/Grafs/widners in case they get their alottments in. Then again I have had back orders in at Grafs for pistol powder for over a year.
No way is pistol powder only made once a year, what a grandiose generalization for all the potential pistol powders/manufacturers. I know for 100% certainty it isn't distributed only once a year as I have seen far too many on-line retailers and LGS that have had many different pistol powders throughout the year. Unique has been available frequently and regularly in my area over the last couple years, I could have bought 100s of pounds of it over the past year. I have bought pistol powder from Grafs, as well as from other online retailers like Powder Valley and Midsouth, throughout the past year. You have to act quickly and buy certain powders when available, but you are not providing accurate information.