Pricey Gun Show Powders

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pricey Gun Show Powders

Post by gds »

POWDER4SALE wrote:Welcome to America! Where its a capitalistic society, Well TWO people have seen lots of Unique, Bullseye, W231 & HP-38, I bet thy were delivered by A chariot pulled by Unicorns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And one person in the whole world has figured out the conspiracy and production schedule of every powder company out there.

May I please encourage you again to take a self appointed hiatus. It would be nice, and less stress for me.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

VENT625 wrote:Make it 3.....I bought a pound of Bullseye and a pound of Unique a few weeks ago from a mom/pop shop.
did you get a picture of the unicorn that delivered it? otherwise i imagine it'll be FURYously difficult for some to believe you really did buy it :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
POWDER4SALE
Silent But Deadly

Post by POWDER4SALE »

This is the 1st of it out in a while, I'm talking about the last 2+ years before this run.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

plant.one wrote:
VENT625 wrote:Make it 3.....I bought a pound of Bullseye and a pound of Unique a few weeks ago from a mom/pop shop.
did you get a picture of the unicorn that delivered it? otherwise i imagine it'll be FURYously difficult for some to believe you really did buy it :mrgreen:

Quadracorn

"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

POWDER4SALE wrote:This is the 1st of it out in a while, I'm talking about the last 2+ years before this run.
During the "D" run for Unique. Dang guys, get with it!!!!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

POWDER4SALE wrote:This is the 1st of it out in a while, I'm talking about the last 2+ years before this run.

I wasnt looking for it up until a few weeks ago. A co-worker pointed me in a direction, I went, I found it.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Man you are thick, I have stated numerous times I have seen it a number of times of the past 2+ years.

And clearly, I live in the precise area of the country that is the only place that has had it a number of times and that no other place in the country has had it. Alliant only made it for NE Ohio, those few times, they must do very, very short powder runs for our very special corner of the world. Remind me to send Alliant a Christmas card.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

VENT625 wrote:

I wasnt looking for it up until a few weeks ago. A co-worker pointed me in a direction, I went, I found it.
I am just the opposite, I have not bought any or really looked for pistol powders since last winter when I bought 3-4 pounds each of HP38 and Power pistol. I passed on some 231 a number of times simply because mixing labels can get confusing. The Dot powders have come and gone. H110 and 296 have been somewhat regular enough that I have not needed to buy online unless I wanted to. The only powder I have not been able to find local in the last year is Trail Boss, probably only because I only started looking a few months ago. Tite group, Autocomp and Universal have all been available.

When someone makes a statement like this, in the last week of October,
POWDER4SALE wrote:Powder will be a little cheaper for the next few weeks as this is "A" time of the year when its produced. Get it now before its rare again. I did see a little Unique & 2400 which I have not seen in 3 years. If you shoot pistol, shock up now as this was more than likely the last run before its made again in June. Factories are cranking out rifle powder for the hunting season. 3rdGen, Natchez, & Powder Valley had the powder, look for it at midsouth/Grafs/widners in case they get their alottments in. Then again I have had back orders in at Grafs for pistol powder for over a year.
They are either a fool or a liar. If there is a "season" to produce rifle powder for hunting it will be spring or early summer depending where it is made and ultimately marketed. This will allow enough time to produce it, ship it and sell it before the hunting season has started.

I have left plenty pistol powder on the shelf for others in the last six months simply because I have at least enough to shoot for the next six-eight months. But then again if the prices take a FURIOUS spike upward, maybe I will sell a few pounds and buy a new truck. :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.