Pricey Gun Show Powders

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

POWDER4SALE
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pricey Gun Show Powders

Post by POWDER4SALE »

Anyone on here seen Unique, Bullseye, W231 or HP-38 at your stores in the last 2-2.5 years? Because I know you all consistently complain about NO 1680, H110, etc. and believe me you pistol powders are the hardest, even watching the market on GunBroker, ZeRO Unique, bullseye for the last 2 years until this last few weeks. And it looks like its almost ALL dried up. AND in case you have not noticed, I don't list/sell powder on here anymore so where's your motive?
Last edited by POWDER4SALE on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

yup. bought about 5 lbs of power pistol a few weeks back. I think it was like $19 a pound. plus tax of course. aint seen any since then.

got a few pounds of h110 too, as well as some 4227. i even passed on a 8lb jug of lil gun back on the 18th of this month.

but of course powder is impossible to find these days dontcha know

i'll take an updated (and clearer pic) when i'm up near there for deer season.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
POWDER4SALE
Silent But Deadly

Post by POWDER4SALE »

I study the production dates on the bottles, I even have a few guys on gunbroker help me chart the production months/dates so I know when to focus my attn./searches and not waste time. I even call up and ask for lot/production dates from companies all over the country that DO NOT ship powder but sell locally. Its easy to do the math on Gunbroker as a measuring stick especially since you can see who has and what state/city right off the bat. Scare tactics? HAH! In case you have not noticed I do not list/sell powder on here anymore, so where's the motive? Lil' gun was all over gunbroker and cheap, now its dried up & by Thanksgiving THe "PRMIUM" WILL START. By Jan/Feb. it will be over $50.00/lb. (as it has been the last 2 years, IF the same pattern holds) They "generally make lil gun in sept and maybe a very small short run in Jan. DONT take my word for it, see for yourself, watch lil gun once a week on GB study the trend.
POWDER4SALE
Silent But Deadly

Post by POWDER4SALE »

Take a look at the qty limits at 3rd Gen and Natchez now, they just changed them. Before you could get:

10 - 1lb. bottles
2 - 4 lb. kegs
1- 8 lb. keg = 26 lbs. (all of the same powder)

3rd Gen is now: Powder is limited 10 one pounders, 1 four pounder, OR 1 eight pounder per customer = 10 lbs. max

Natchez is: Powder currently has a 10lb max purchase PER item, AND most say " Due to limited supplies, and high demand this item has a 1 piece maximum order quantity per customer, every 1 day (used to be 26 lbs. also)

So it looks like its getting Worse, now accuse me of "scare tactics" by pointing out posted facts and trends!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Got it so it is a super secret squirrel mathematical formula developed by yourself based on the criteria you made up to justify your superior mental capacity.

Nobody else in all of the world has come up with it but by golly you sure did, didn't you?

can't see why anyone would doubt you at all.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

POWDER4SALE wrote:Take a look at the qty limits at 3rd Gen and Natchez now, they just changed them. Before you could get:

10 - 1lb. bottles
2 - 4 lb. kegs
1- 8 lb. keg = 26 lbs. (all of the same powder)

3rd Gen is now: Powder is limited 10 one pounders, 1 four pounder, OR 1 eight pounder per customer = 10 lbs. max

Natchez is: Powder currently has a 10lb max purchase PER item, AND most say " Due to limited supplies, and high demand this item has a 1 piece maximum order quantity per customer, every 1 day (used to be 26 lbs. also)

So it looks like its getting Worse, now accuse me of "scare tactics" by pointing out posted facts and trends!
I can't imagine you would stoop so low as to use "scare tactics", but I will suggest your thinking is flawed.

It is equally possible that retail companies such as Natchez and 3rd Generation are tired of internet jackasses treating them as a warehouse because they can not buy directly from the manufacturer or distributor. Which in turn creates a false market controlled buy a secondary "middle man" such as yourself. All they are doing by limiting their sales, is insuring they can continue to better serve more of their customers, instead of selling to what in essence, is the competition, who sell at inflated prices and offer a different excuse every week as to why powder is drying up and offer a short term solution for a hefty price. What they are doing is protecting a long term business investment from short term profiteers. By controlling the market at fair prices to the end user, while at the same time cutting off the unneeded profiteer, places such as 3rd Generation insure that there will be a 4th Generation.

Your research is also as flawed as your interpretation, in that other companies such as Cabelas have recently increased the volume allowed from two pounds to five. This is a clear sign that their supply is catching up with demand and sales forecasts.

The biggest thing standing in the way of a market recovery is not supply, it is the secondary market buying at retail in bulk and adding an unnecessary cost and profit markup to the end user.

As long as you see yourself as part of the solution, instead of the part of the problem that you really are, people in the community you claim to care about will continue to suffer. As you continue to profit from that suffering, you will continue to hold the low opinion that you have worked so hard to create.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

gds wrote:
can't see why anyone would doubt you at all.
i can think of a couple explanations, but they'd all involve using words that would likely get me banned from the forum so i'll hold my keyboard in check :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

POWDER4SALE wrote:Anyone on here seen Unique, Bullseye, W231 or HP-38 at your stores in the last 2-2.5 years?
You aren't paying attention are you, apparently pics are too illustrative so I will try words. Maybe this is how you develop your production statistics, keep record of the dates that prove your theory, ignore those that don't!?!

Unique - Yep, seen it come and go many times over the past 2-2.5 years (pics on previous page of this thread).
Bullseye - Yep, seen it come and go many times over the past 2-2.5 years (pics on previous page of this thread).
W231 - I have seen it a couple of times over the past year or heard of people buying it within my vicinity a couple of times. It was more common a year ago and prior.
HP-38 - I have seen it a couple of times over the past year or heard of people buying it within my vicinity a couple of times. It was more common a year ago and prior.

I have also seen H110 come and go many times over the past 2-2.5 years. A1680 was seen this past month and I have bought it a few times during the past year from one supplier.
POWDER4SALE
Silent But Deadly

Post by POWDER4SALE »

Welcome to America! Where its a capitalistic society, Well TWO people have seen lots of Unique, Bullseye, W231 & HP-38, I bet thy were delivered by A chariot pulled by Unicorns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Make it 3.....I bought a pound of Bullseye and a pound of Unique a few weeks ago from a mom/pop shop.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."