Reloading Barnes Tac Tx

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

drmharrison

Re: Reloading Barnes Tac Tx

Post by drmharrison »

Hello....I am new to reloading and looking for some suggestions. I have a 300 Blk 16" rifle which I have shot Barnes 110 grain Tac Tx black tip factory loads out of for hunting and shooting. (works great) I have 500 of these bullets to load. I am in the process of putting together a 300 Blk pistol. Prob. 10.5" barrel. I will prob. not be shooting it supressed at all. Want to hunt with it and for shooting. I would like some suggestions for the best powder(s) to use to load in the pistol for accuracy and for reliable cycling. If someone has some good load data specificly for the 300 pistol that would be great.

Thanks!
Doc
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

drmharrison wrote:Hello....I am new to reloading and looking for some suggestions. I have a 300 Blk 16" rifle which I have shot Barnes 110 grain Tac Tx black tip factory loads out of for hunting and shooting. (works great) I have 500 of these bullets to load. I am in the process of putting together a 300 Blk pistol. Prob. 10.5" barrel. I will prob. not be shooting it supressed at all. Want to hunt with it and for shooting. I would like some suggestions for the best powder(s) to use to load in the pistol for accuracy and for reliable cycling. If someone has some good load data specificly for the 300 pistol that would be great.

Thanks!
Doc
H110, Lil Gun, and N110. In that order. H110 is the fastest, N110 is the cleanest. Lil Gun is in between.

JW
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
drmharrison

Post by drmharrison »

Great! Thanks JW!
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

FWIW,
You are not able to get as much velocity out of N110, but it was the most accurate powder for me. (1 MOA @ 100 Yards)
(Noveske 10" barrel, 1:8 Twist, TBAC 30P-1 Suppressor)
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

Setxwarrior wrote:My most accurate load is 19.0gr of H110/W296 @ 2.23COL, WSR or CCI 400's. 16" AAC upper, and 9" AAC Suppressed.
Yeah - what he said! H110 with 19.0 gr works great in my 8" SBR suppressed. I use Rem Benchrest 7 1/2 primers and have had no issues with ignition.
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BobinNC »

Current Barnes reload data with this bullet calls for a COAL of 2.250"

https://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-conten ... ForWeb.pdf
rifledoc

Post by rifledoc »

Help! The link won't work and I desperately want to see what your recipe is! I tried everything under the sun in terms of powder ladders with the Hornady V-max and can't get it to cluster so I want to try the Barnes since the factory ammo shoots so well! What is your powder range??
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

rifledoc wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:52 pm Help! The link won't work and I desperately want to see what your recipe is! I tried everything under the sun in terms of powder ladders with the Hornady V-max and can't get it to cluster so I want to try the Barnes since the factory ammo shoots so well! What is your powder range??
You need a pdf reader like Adobe to open it. Here's the website if you want to pull it up that way. https://www.barnesbullets.com/load-data/
300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower