dammit...dammit.....dammit

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

badguybuster
Silent But Deadly

dammit...dammit.....dammit

Post by badguybuster »

I went to 6 different reloading stores.....drove 4 hours in total and did not find one single canister of H110, RL7, 1680 or 4227.
I've been searching for over 3 months. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order online. I did find several boxes of 125 and 150 grain SST's.
Dyin aint much of a livin' boy
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: dammit...dammit.....dammit

Post by tallburnedmidget »

badguybuster wrote:I went to 6 different reloading stores.....drove 4 hours in total and did not find one single canister of H110, RL7, 1680 or 4227.
I've been searching for over 3 months. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order online. I did find several boxes of 125 and 150 grain SST's.
Online works for sure, just be ready to buy 8-16 lbs or mix and match 8lbs with 5k primers, etc. Doing so lessons the impact of the hazmat fee BUT is a huge shock to the wallet. Good thing you would be set for a while with such a purchase. Best of luck :)
8654-1ea.

Post by 8654-1ea. »

Where are you finding online? I cannot seem to do that. I have 'notify me' emails set but don't even get those.

anotherkelley
Silent But Deadly

Post by anotherkelley »

8654-1ea. wrote:Where are you finding online? I cannot seem to do that. I have 'notify me' emails set but don't even get those.

No where... you'll be very lucky to find it sitting on a shelf or in-stock online. I would recommend placing a large back-order at somewhere like https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ and when it starts 'trickling' in they will give you an option to ship whats in, or keep waiting. Costs nothing to place back-orders, just reserves the powder under your name. I placed a large order last month and I'm already seeing several 1lb jugs of A1680, H110, Varget, and Ramshot TAC showing up. As soon as I feel like enough goodies are in to justify haz-mat I'll have them ship it. Good luck.
silence-golden
Silent Operator

Post by silence-golden »

If your are any where near Laval MD the shop there had imr4227 and rl7. But call first, shop is bassen box or something like that
bamabaxter
Silent But Deadly

Post by bamabaxter »

What about Lil'Gun, W296 or 300MP? I have had a lot of luck finding 300MP since pretty much no one uses it and it is also cheaper than other powders.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
gabe1519
Silent But Deadly

Post by gabe1519 »

Try Lohmanarms.com in Houston on West Little York. He usually has tons of power stocked at that location. Their website says they are back ordered but give him a call and see what he has in stock. Nice fellow to deal with. I'm not sure where you're from but a lot of small shops around Houston might have what you need, Lohman seemed to have the most. Other small shops are HoustonReloadingSupplies.com and 10Ring.com. I know the feeling of driving around and ending up with nothing. I did that trying to find the HF cutoff saw and drove to 6 different HFs in Houston area. I know you can't drive to Houston but these small shops ship powder as well. Hope that helps, good luck!
ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

Another way online is to troll as many gun boards as you can and if anyone even hints that powder is available swoop and get it in the first few seconds or it will be gone. Visit the powder supplying websites regularly and if some powder is shown in stock swoop. Do not wait or agonize over it. In seconds it will be gone. We travel full time so I do not use backorders, never know where I will be when the order is ready.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

LOL, good luck finding it online!
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

badguybuster wrote:I went to 6 different reloading stores.....drove 4 hours in total and did not find one single canister of H110, RL7, 1680 or 4227.
I would bet the 4 hours of driving costs more than the hazmat and shipping for a pound of powder........
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!