Lighter Subsonic

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Empty Clip

Lighter Subsonic

Post by Empty Clip »

Has anyone tried loading a lighter say 150gr bullet for a sub round for use in a bolt gun?
Dogfish
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Lighter Subsonic

Post by Dogfish »

Trail boss would be easy.
Dogfish
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Dogfish »

Trail boss would be easy.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

I have loaded some Barnes 110Tac-Tx for subsonic shooting from the Encore, one of the flatlanders in the hunting club is a NYC cop and he heard the greatly reduced sound signature and came out of the cabin thinking I had installed a suppressor(no it isn't suppressor quiet) as I was just shooting a bunch loaded to max velocity just prior, LOL

I did pull the plastic tips on those just for shyt's and giggles, they don't have the range that way, but really produces a mess when they impact, a heck of a impressive hollow point! LOL
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

110gn to 125gn with trail boss is awesome quiet with a suppressor. Dog fart quite!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Wow, that's damn quiet! sssssssss.....
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

90 gr XTP .30 cal pistol bullet.. Trail boss is the only powder I could get to work. Fun deadly vermin killer.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
BuckySWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BuckySWT »

I've got some 190 Gr SMK's and a few pounds of AA#5 at the house.
I have a buddy with some LilGun I can get my hands on as well, but was wondering if anyone knew of a good starting point with that combo with a 16" ENCORE Barrel.

It arrives tomorrow and I'm very, very excited about this little single shot hog killing nightmare that's about to be born.

I have a TiRant9 that will be going on the end (subs only) that has worked great off of an AR platform.

plans for ordering a dedicated 30 cal can are in the works.

but...load data...
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
SonOfUncleSam

Post by SonOfUncleSam »

BuckySWT wrote:I've got some 190 Gr SMK's
...but...load data...
I'd be very interested to know this as well. I have some 190's, a few pounds of LilGun and H110, but no starting point.
mic2377

Post by mic2377 »

I have used red dot with great success. It is another bulky fast burning powder. I use it in shotguns so had a bunch around. 165-168 gr with 5.4 gr, or 150-155 gr with 5.0-5.2 gr. Load to the usual OAL for the given bullet. It is extremely quiet - through a can it is quieter than a BB gun if you disregard impact noise! I got this load data from the Liberty suppressors website...

As for 190's I have gotten a cycling load in my 16" noveske but it is borderline subsonic. I was using 190 nislers. Edit: ran best with 1680, lil gun did not have good functional reserve and did not run at all without the can.