BERGER 210 VLD

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: BERGER 210 VLD

Post by rebel »

No, it won't do a thing but be accurate. Bullet was designed as described on Bergers site. Not a sub hunting load at all.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

ThreeHundredBlackout wrote:Did some more research and compared subload velocities from previous testing with 208 amax and different powders and settled on some numbers, so im good to go now. Hopefully this time some other powders work, im going to open up my adj. Gas block for testing.

Depending which 210, the 208 Amax should almost interchangeable. All of the Bergers will be shorter so you might seat them a little deeper.

In an 8" barrel I would tend to use the faster powders, they will be quieter and cleaner. The others 1680, CFE and DO63-2 will be easier to get things cycling.

I like the Berger 230 match very much well and generally is very close to MOA out to 200 yards.

As Rebel said this is a target bullet only, when this thread was started a few years ago, the OP I think was hoping it would expand.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

Rebel and Dellet,
Thanks for the replies. I was mainly just planning on loading to shoot some targets, i have 1100 of the 210 gr, 100 of the 230 gr, 500 of the 190 gr hunt and some Hornady 208 gr bthp match for subs, was just planning to run some tests and pick a winner and load a ton, i have about 900 pc of brass primed with wsr primers and ready to load that i resized over the past 2 weekends with a lee hand press, shined em up in the tumbler prior to priming.
Ready to get some plinking ammo loaded.

The last couple times i used w296 and do63-02 i couldnt get either to cycle properly, so i thought about opening my block up, i originally set it up to run with Fed. American Eagle suppressor and some 1680 handloads with the 208 amax and all went well, i used cfeblk and that ran great also, but lilgun, w296, and do63-02 didnt go so well. The latter 2 wouldnt even cycle, i believe lilgun cycled some but no lock back.

Im still running a spikes krink break, i just figured id play with subs to get the numbers and have a better handle on the subject so when i get a can ill be pretty good to go for the most part. I heard a rugged surge on a handi a couple weeks ago in the k config and it was crazy how quiet it was, im debating between that and a DA sandman-L.

I still need to work up a good super load with a 110 or 125 gr for the fall, so far my 125 nosler has been more accurate than my 110 vmax and i havent loaded any 110 or 125 bergers yet, but anyway i guess thats for another thread as is the suppressor stuff.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Yeah, i can see why it didnt go too far seeing how much cheaper it is to shoot Hornadys, i just got a good deal on the ones i listed, otherwise id be plinking with other stuff much cheaper.
ShippWrekk

Post by ShippWrekk »

I am new to reloading, let me be clear on that upfront. I bought 300ct of Nosler RDF HPBT 210 gr .308 bullets.
I can't find any load data for them? Did I just buy the wrong bullets to reload for 300 blackout?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

ShippWrekk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:13 pm I am new to reloading, let me be clear on that upfront. I bought 300ct of Nosler RDF HPBT 210 gr .308 bullets.
I can't find any load data for them? Did I just buy the wrong bullets to reload for 300 blackout?
Yes, they wont work nothing but trouble. Mailing address is in my profile, just send them.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
ShippWrekk

Post by ShippWrekk »

Why won't they work?
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Hey Dellet did he ever mail those bullets to you ? Lol :lol:

Just thought id update what happened with my load i decided on....

(This combo was safe in my gun use at your own risk)
i wanted to update so there was good info for reference, i might try to edit later and add bullet length and all.

Bullet Berger 210 gr VLD
LC11 reformed 556 brass
Primer CCI 400 small rifle
COAL- 2.250" ( Cant remember what cbto was off the top of my head)
Charge was 11.9 Gr of A1680
Velocity was right about 1050-1100 fps somewhere about 55-70 *F

Made for a good plinker (got them dirt cheap less than half price)

Was pretty accurate from my 8" seekins barrel.

Cycles great as to be expected with 1680

Sorry for the format was writing as i thought.