Hornady 180 gr BTSP Interlock

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Mustang Jon

Hornady 180 gr BTSP Interlock

Post by Mustang Jon »

This is what I could find so this is what I’m trying to load with. I have the 180 gr Hornady and Lil Gun powder. I’m not going to shoot suppressed. I don’t have a can nor the funds or patience to obtain one. That being said I’d like to load these up to go as fast as safely possible. The load data I have found from Hornady says to start at 13.4 gr and maxes out at 14.8 gr. With a COL: 2.210. The other data I have found is much less. Sierra Lists their 180 gr at a max of 13.6 gr of Lil Gun. And the Hornady 9th edition lists a 178 to 180 gr at 9.0 to 13.5 gr. My question is, has anyone used this bullet/powder combo (or similar bullet weight) with the higher charges? Like I said I’m looking for a good stout load not necessarily a sub load. Just want to make sure I’m not over charging when working up a ladder load with this bullet. As I can find more bullets in different weights I will be buying them and working up loads with those as well. Thanks for any help.
popper
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hornady 180 gr BTSP Interlock

Post by popper »

GRT says 14 is max for 1800 fps. & 49k psi. Never used lilgun but GRT is very close for my BO loads. Used seating depth of 0.44".
Mustang Jon

Post by Mustang Jon »

Thank you very much. I’ll start low and work my way up.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

You’ll likely get better velocity and accuracy with 1680 or Shooters World Blackout if you can find either. Lilgun gets erratic towards the top end pressure spikes are common

Just keep the powder charge changes small, .2 grains.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.