Looking for load data for 220gr Makers Subsonic hunting bullets

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Musicman1eanda

Looking for load data for 220gr Makers Subsonic hunting bullets

Post by Musicman1eanda »

Hey guys,

I've been looking for load data for 220gr Makers Subsonic hunting bullets and I just can't seem to find anything. I called Makers' but they haven't gotten back to me. Currently, 11gr of CFE BLK with a COAL of 2.230" works for my 220gr Berrys Plated bullets for practice in my AR, but these makers bullets are MUCH longer and I have no idea what seating depth to try. I want to replicate my Berry's practice load as close as possible.
dpete
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for load data for 220gr Makers Subsonic hunting bullets

Post by dpete »

I'm not sure if this is any help at all but here is my load for 200 gr Maker's
200 Maker HP – LC case, 8.4 gr IMR 4227, CCI 400 primer, 2.120 COAL, 1.740 CBTO @ 1.026 BBTO, case trimmed to 1.358”
That load runs about 970-980 fps out of my 8" barrel SBR and can touch holes at 50 yards if I shoot right.

A suggestion is to make up a dummy bullet (no powder or primer) and see what seating depth fits in the mag without binding anywhere. Then take a fired case with primer still installed and put your 11 grains into it. Drop a bullet into the case. It should just drop in until it hits the powder inside. Measure the overall length and compare it to what fits in the magazine. Adjust powder weight until you get the overall length you need. That should be the max charge you can use with that bullet. Whether or not it shoots the way you want is another matter. Start high and work down with subs.