Anyone used MP .311 410 HP

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Tayous1

Anyone used MP .311 410 HP

Post by Tayous1 »

Looking for any advice on this mold and any advice on reloading for it in 300 BLK. Right now I'm following the advice I read online by heating it to 400 degrees 3 times before I cast also put graphite on all the HP pins I'm doing heating three today.

Tomorrow I'm going to begin casting after work. Looking for any advice. Solid 135gn., 124gn big round, 129 small round with WW alloy. Trying to make a good expanding HP with the lead I have. Mostly range scrap and pure lead. I'm going to be PC these boolits.

Like to hear any advice on loads or just about anything for this Boolite would be great!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone used MP .311 410 HP

Post by bangbangping »

Haven't tried that mold but I did have the MP 311-235. Unfortunately, I doubt the HP is going to do much for expansion on this bullet. What's the diameter of the HP pins?
Tayous1

Re: Anyone used MP .311 410 HP

Post by Tayous1 »

bangbangping wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:42 pm Haven't tried that mold but I did have the MP 311-235. Unfortunately, I doubt the HP is going to do much for expansion on this bullet. What's the diameter of the HP pins?
I'll let you know but tried them out on water jugs today. I'll say I'm very impressed! Ever shot a water jug with a JHP and saw the destruction that it caused the water jugs? Then shot some with FMJ and where like it's okay!

Well these HP both the 129/130 gr and the 132 gr made a mess of the first two water jugs just tore them apart. I know water jugs are not the same but have used several JHP and JSP most issued to me when I worked as a federal law enforcement and they did the same thing to the water jugs.