Which non-U.S.-made powder for 300BLK?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

phils3
Silent Operator

Re: Which non-U.S.-made powder for 300BLK?

Post by phils3 »

Shooters World SBR. Made in Czech Rep I think. 21 gr under a 125 gr TNT works great. Technically its a Lovex poweder.
karl_h

Re: Which non-U.S.-made powder for 300BLK?

Post by karl_h »

BobinNC wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:15 pm ...
I on the other hand would take that chart with a big gain of salt, as other Burn rate charts show more realistic differences. Like this one:
I take all burn rate charts with a huge grain of salt, they are only good for very general position unless you know for a fact you have the exact lot number of powder that was tested. Take any of your favorite charts and compare them over a decade or two. Same powders can be in very different places. Case in point, all my magnum handgun loads with IMR4227 are pure garbage since I bought a new 8lb jug just over a year ago. First thing I notices was the volumetric density of my new jug is well over 15% different from my old lot. Did some safe tests with 41 mag and results are RADICALLY different from my old lot. I had enough of my old lot to load at most 10 more rounds and loaded a book starting load with old and new lot, about 200 fps difference. My new lot has as much in common with my old lot as cats and dogs. I learned that lesson decades ago with what was a very mild and accurate 44 mag load, new lot of powder and I just stupidly made some more with old recipe since it was very mild. Touched off one and it was hot as hell, damn near blew the primer out. Pulled all those bullets and had to start all over.