Looking for Feedback on My RL1100 Setup

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Michael303

Looking for Feedback on My RL1100 Setup

Post by Michael303 »

I'm gathering up equipment to start reloading and converting 300blk on my Dillon 1100. This will be the first rifle round I've loaded so I'm hoping to get some feedback on how I should set up the dies I've got coming and if there are any other dies I'd do well to add.

For converting, I've got the FFB Honey Badger set up coming to put on the short toolhead. I still need to choose trim die between the Whidden and GSI. Any preference there?

For loading, I've ordered the Redding Match set.

Are there any other dies I should consider adding since I'll have #3 open on the loading toolhead and a few more on the converting toolhead?

Let me know if I've left out any important info. Any feedback is appreciated.
hoser
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for Feedback on My RL1100 Setup

Post by hoser »

I have used a few different trim dies. CH4D, Dillon and GSI. I stuck with the Dillon carbide in the end.

I use the Forster dies on my 1050 for 300.

I am using the 30 Carbine powder funnel to help open up the neck a bit more and for a crimp die the Lee collet crimp die is excellent. About the only thing Lee makes besides their universal decapper that I will use.
Michael303

Re: Looking for Feedback on My RL1100 Setup

Post by Michael303 »

Thanks for the feedback. I might grab the Dillon trim die when I can find one in stock. I'll probably just go with one of the others to hold me over.

Thanks for the feedback on the other dies. Based on searching the forum, I'm hoping the Redding dies will be a good start and I'll just replace the seating and crimping dies as needed.