New to reloading looking for some help.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Jesse002100

New to reloading looking for some help.

Post by Jesse002100 »

:shock: :idea: :|
I recently purchased a old rcbs rock chucker and a set of rcbs sb dies for it. I'm cutting 223 (off the good list) with a HF 2" w/zep jig and trimming to length with WFT. I am consistently having issues with rounds/brass not chambering.
I have the Lyman case gauge (Sheridan open cut gauge comes tomorrow) and most after sizing won't get all the way in just the rim is proud of the gauge, these pieces of brass also won't chamber in my AR platform. I set the die per the manual as best I can read. Snug die against shell holder at top of stroke then go 1/4 turn past and lock it in with a nice cam over. It seems to me the die is not putting the neck quite low enough. It could be my user error and I'd be glad to find that out but I don't think so. I've also got two stuck cases using hornady one shot and I believe i am coating them well including a q tip application in the neck. I'm going to try out some imperial wax and maybe some unique also.
Thanks for the help!

Any help is appreciated.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: New to reloading looking for some help.

Post by rebel »

You are going down the right path with unique case lube. Love that stuff.
Your Sheridan cut away will tell the tale but you may not be bumping that shoulder back enough. Make sure your expander ball isn't bottoming out at the bottom of the case as well.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.