Dies for loading 220Grn bullets

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Tamdar

Dies for loading 220Grn bullets

Post by Tamdar »

Hey everyone, I've been reloading for quite a few years but recently started loading up for 300 blk .
So far I have been loading 125 grn rounds and they've worked flawlessly.
Today I started to reload for some Berrys 220 grn bullets . The minimum OAL is 2.26 as many of you know .The problem I ran into is
the Lee dies I'm using will not allow me to unscrew the seating screw enough to get that OAL, the best I can get is about 2.1". What dies do you folks use that will allow the minimum recommended OAL of 2.26?
Thanks in advance for any input, Dale
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Re: Dies for loading 220Grn bullets

Post by BobinNC »

The maximum COAL for the 300 Blackout is 2.26". The minimum is whatever you choose. Your solution is don't run the entire bullet seating die all the way down so it touch's the shell holder. Back it off until you get your desired COAL with the seating stem run all the way out.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

For autoloader, I put the 0.25" segment of the bullet where the mag rib is.

2.26 is the longest you can load and still fit in an AR magazine. Not sure why that would be minimum.
Tamdar

Post by Tamdar »

Thanks guys. So I was curious how / why I came up with the Min. OAL should be 2.26 so I looked at the paperwork that Lee sends with their dies and sure enough they state that it should be 2.26". Regardless, I was able to set the die to get what I wanted , thanks again. Dale