Case annnealer

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Case annnealer

Post by strobro32 »

It's time for me to get one. The old torch, drill and 10mm socket just isn't going fast enough for me, especially since I rotate about 3K 300BLK cases at a time,

Was thinking of making my own but I just don't have the time.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Aj7xa0eX0/edit

Now I think I'm going to buy the Annealeez. I'm looking forward to the bulk hopper and automation.
https://annealeez.com/

Anybody have one? Recommendations?
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Re: Case annnealer

Post by BJK »

That's pretty slick! And it's done correctly. I can't tell you how many times I've run across "experts" on line who discuss getting cases red hot to anneal them instead of the correct "straw" color. I don't know if it's any faster then my torch and cases standing in a water bath method. But every case will be the same done that way. I like it. But my mind is open to the thoughts of others.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

have one, its one of their earlier generation machines - and it works great.

get around 4k cases on a single 1lb tank of propane.

pro tip #1 - dont lube the cases before you anneal. i had some that had been previously lubed with one shot that i went back to anneal (playing with the new toy and all that) and boy was that a stinky idea lol. i stopped after only a few cases and de-lubed them. also - smell/fumes of vaporizing case lube aside - lube on the roller wheels... well yea.. cases slip and no spinny like they're supposed to.

pro tip #2 - (they may have resolved this by now) dont over fill the hopper with 308/30-06 body diamater sized cases. if you do they can bridge over the pickup wheel's feed location from the hopper. not a crisis, just something to watch for. i beleive they've addressed the hopper feed angle though, just cant confirm that since i dont have one of the newer machines.

hth
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Another option is the Mike's Reloading Bench annealer. It's a little more than the Annealeez, but there's nothing extra to buy. I've owned both, and Think the MRB is well worth the extra.
https://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/mrb2018_006.htm
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ozleux wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:19 am Another option is the Mike's Reloading Bench annealer. It's a little more than the Annealeez, but there's nothing extra to buy. I've owned both, and Think the MRB is well worth the extra.
other than the torch.

its not an expensive torch, but ya still gotta buy that critical peice of equipment to operate it.

the annealeeze comes ready to use, and you only have to get additional stuff if you go outside the "standard" bottleneck cartridges its capable of servicing with the default wheels. $325 (with the large and small case wheels added on.) and you're ready to anneal almost everything except WSSM type cases.

i'm not bagging on mikes stuff - ive never run it, but just making sure we're comparing apples to apples and accurate info is shared about it.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I looked into mikes and it's made very well and looks great. It did need extra parts for BO, costs %50 more and is OOS.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

plant.one wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:53 pm
ozleux wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:19 am Another option is the Mike's Reloading Bench annealer. It's a little more than the Annealeez, but there's nothing extra to buy. I've owned both, and Think the MRB is well worth the extra.
other than the torch.

its not an expensive torch, but ya still gotta buy that critical peice of equipment to operate it.

the annealeeze comes ready to use, and you only have to get additional stuff if you go outside the "standard" bottleneck cartridges its capable of servicing with the default wheels. $325 (with the large and small case wheels added on.) and you're ready to anneal almost everything except WSSM type cases.

i'm not bagging on mikes stuff - ive never run it, but just making sure we're comparing apples to apples and accurate info is shared about it.
You are correct, you have to spend a few dollars on a torch. However, I didn't melt rollers with the MRB like I did with the Annealeez when processing
300blk and 6BR/Dasher cases. Could be I didn't have something set right. I've since moved on from flame annealing.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ive run close to 15k or more cases through mine and didnt melt anything.

sounds like you had the wrong wheels on and were running the torch head way to close to them.

with the "short case" wheels for the blackout there's plenty of gap so that you dont cook them and can still properly anneal the shoulder.
Thinner dude01

Post by Thinner dude01 »

I bought one and the only problem I have with mine is that the cases must be clean and you need to clean the wheels regularly. Other wise the cases will not rotate. Make dang sure there are no primers in the cases, if you do they the primers, will not go off as they are being annealed but after they fall into the tray with the rest of the very hot cases. Trust me on this one! It is very quick and easy, just keep an eye on it while it is running. Tell them what case you are going to use so they will send the right wheels, other wise you will have to order them.
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

I broke down and ordered one, with both extra wheels. I figured if I anneal the cases after I cut them they will be much easier to form, and since I now do two conversions (277WLV is the other) I will put this to good use. After I anneal all my cases I will see if any of the guys around here need theirs done in exchange for some more brass, or bullets.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~