Nosler custom competition 190 gr

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Nosler custom competition 190 gr

Post by bearcatrp »

Doing some horse trading for these bullets. Anyone try these for subsonic? Part of the trade is CFE BLK so all I have for powder is this and H110. This will be my first time reloading subsonic. Got these so I don’t waste my Hornady 190 subs.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Nosler custom competition 190 gr

Post by dellet »

Go to JBM and compare bullet lengths and change seating length accordingly
https://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistic ... tml#Sierra

The Nolser is .010" shorter, as long as it doesn't hit the lands at 2.220" you should be fine.

CFE will be easier to work with, H110 will be quieter and cleaner, probably more accurate. wouldn't hurt to work up loads with both for the experience.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Thanks Dellet. Will be shooting these out of my Howa mini action. Gave up 2 lbs of varget for 250 of these rounds plus 1 lb CFEBLK and 50 primed 300 BO brass from 556 cases. Thought it was a fair trade.

Quick question for you. Have always loaded up and when it came to match rounds, have always put match rounds at .020 from the lands. Is this the same for subs and match rounds?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

If you are going to use the magazine, you probably won’t be able to get that close to the lands. Single feed it’s a choice. Velocity will be most important, then it’s make it as accurate as you can, with the smallest ES, if you are going to shoot past about 50 yards.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Thanks. Once I check max distance to the lands, I’ll have to decide on single load or not. The magazine has a little more room than p mags.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Just checked out the nosler bullet. Max coal is 2.328. Max coal for magazine is 2.336.
308 Projo Hoarder

Post by 308 Projo Hoarder »

Subscribing to see how these work out for you. I picked up a gaggle of them on clearance at Sportsman's a while back, and I'd prefer to use them in the BLK vs the 308. Very interested to find out what kind of accuracy you get.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Hope to load some up soon to try out. Warmer weather on the horizon so outdoor ranges should be opening up.