Hodgdon Lil Gun

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hodgdon Lil Gun

Post by Ben B. »

I suppose my comment was based on a current shortage of 150 SST for loading for my 308 AND I don’t really understand the draw of loading 150 grain SST bullets as “heavy weight” SuperSonics OR “light weight” subsonics in the.300 BLK.

Obviously, it’s your stuff and you’ll do as you like, I sure as hell would be. 😀
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

I have found that with 110 grain @ 2400 fps, 125 grain @ 2250 fps and 150 grain @ 2100 fps, that the point of impact varies less than 1" and probably closer to 1/2" out to 200 yards. So depending on purpose, which ever bullet makes the most sense is used.

I have bought a lot of 110 Vmax, 125 and 150 SST's as blems over the years, never paid more than 25 cents a bullet and probably closer to 22.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BrunoCruz

Post by BrunoCruz »

In principle, such a barrel could be mounted on the Lil Gun, but it would be impractical. Because the barrel is longer, the gun will overheat quickly and often break down. If you install a silencer, it will be almost impossible to shoot. If you want to try it, it is best to use it in stock bullets. Perhaps there will be people who know more about this than I do. If you can do it, I'd be interested in taking a look at this unique masterpiece. In any case, I hope it works out for you. I wish you the best of luck.
Last edited by BrunoCruz on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
attila.
Silent But Deadly

Post by attila. »

BrunoCruz wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:27 pm In principle, such a barrel could be mounted on the Lil Gun, but it would be impractical. Because the barrel is longer, the gun will overheat quickly and often break down.
I’ve used Lil’gun without ill effects. Your statement doesn’t make sense. Please explain.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

I stopped using lilgun in most applications.

I saw some pressure spiking. Hangfires and of coarse the excessive heat.

To me lilguns asset is top velocities. Ill take the <35-50 fps and be just as happy.

I reserve it for my 410 shotgun and 22 Hornet 35g loads.

296/H110 does everything I need as a replacement. Started using 300mp and fs11 too.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS