Who keeps their data in Excel

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Who keeps their data in Excel

Post by Flatliner »

OK, odd question but who keeps their load data in Excel. The reason I ask is that over the last few years, professionally, I have become what my peers consider to be the go-to guy on Excel. There are some TRULY amazing things it is capable of doing. I have learned a TON from this board and would be willing to do some manipulation to a few spreadsheets and post samples and then, if any of you are interested, I would provide a screen share class or photo tutorial to show how I do various higher end functions as a way to give back.

If there isn't interest or if nobody really uses Excel no issue, just offering.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who keeps their data in Excel

Post by smustian »

I have used Excel to list load data that people have listed on this board since I joined along with their results. Gives me a quick reference to compare to online data when looking for a start point for load development.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

I'd love to see what you're doing. Don't need Excel lessons but always open to new ideas.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

im using OpenOffice
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

I have a lifetime of my own and family members load data in excel.

I started my spreadsheet a long time ago before I knew anything about excel. I now use excel and access extensively for statistical analyses professionally. One day I'll sit down and revamp my spreadsheet, but it's too much like work so not high on my list!

I'd love to hear any tips and tricks.
Smurky
Silent Operator
Location: Democratic Peoples Republik of Dane County Wisconsin

Post by Smurky »

I’ve been using excel to compile all the data in one place. Also graph velocity, ES and SD data for loads. I would be interested to see what you’re doing.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I scratch mine on a rock! :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

rebel wrote:I scratch mine on a rock! :mrgreen:
I was scratching mine in the sand down here but Florance done messed that up for me now. Guess I'll give the excel a go. :mrgreen:
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

SwampDog_13 wrote:
rebel wrote:I scratch mine on a rock! :mrgreen:
I was scratching mine in the sand down here but Florance done messed that up for me now. Guess I'll give the excel a go. :mrgreen:
Well, that's a bummer.

I thought rebel had sent me a backup of your data, but I looked and it's just a story about his neighbors dogs screwing up his hunt.
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

A couple years ago someone taught me about pivot tables. I found that marginally useful until I discovered slicers. You can do some truly amazing things with them. I am traveling for work right now but will post a sheet with what I am talking about for people who want it to download when I get back home in a few days. If you like it, I am happy to teach you how to do it, with a very small amount of work, you can get a tool that is crazy easy to use, especially if you have a lot of data to sort through.