Who keeps their data in Excel

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

WarEagleEd

Re: Who keeps their data in Excel

Post by WarEagleEd »

I use Excel to keep a record of what I load and the chronograph results from those loads when I am able to shoot them over one. It's nothing fancy, but it does do the calculations for extreme spread and standard deviation for me. I also keep a paper label with basically the same load data on it in my boxed-up rounds.
bwframe

Post by bwframe »

I'm studying up on this. Got a LabRadar chrono on the way. A lot of the reason, beyond the obvious, for the pricey chrono is it's ability to transfer data. I need a boot in the butt to start an organized method of logging all shooting data

I'd like to find a way to keep all of my data in a universal cross platform program like Excel. Something that can be backed up everywhere, including the cloud and hard copy.

Hopefully, everything can be incorporated;
Load data
Chrono results
Cell phone range pics of groups
Scope dope
Guns, range weather conditions, notes on every aspect

I've always been intimidated by the complexity of Excel and the learning curve necessary to be effective working with it.
Maxdaxtax

Post by Maxdaxtax »

Hi! Of course, it would be very interesting. Recently, for example, I learned about Sparklines. They were first introduced in Excel 2010 and represent visualizations of trend data in a row. It fits into one Excel cell and saves space on the sheet. Using this function has greatly simplified my work, and I would be glad if I could learn about some other useful excel functions. In addition, I want to say that I use excel templates that I find here, and I would be glad if you would share information about simplifying work, including with excel templates.