266 grain cast bullet, the Dolomite special

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: 266 grain cast bullet, the Dolomite special

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Freedom1973 wrote:Dolomite, Dellet, and other page veterans,
Where should I start with the 245gr version of the Dolomite Special? I have N105,N110,N120 and IMR4227. Using 8.5" 1/6 x-caliber barrel AR, FABCG,Silent capture spring, AGB, Lancer mags. I have data on the 265gr and just want a starting AOL. Thanks in advance.
Freedom
Are you asking about the ACME bullet?
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
Where should I start with the 245gr version of the Dolomite Special? I have N105,N110,N120 and IMR4227. Using 8.5" 1/6 x-caliber barrel AR, FABCG,Silent capture spring, AGB, Lancer mags. I have data on the 265gr and just want a starting AOL. Thanks in advance.
Freedom
Yes Sir!
http://www.acmebullet.com/bullets-reloa ... uct_id=536
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Freedom1973 wrote:
Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
Freedom
Yes Sir!
L
Put the shoulder of the bullet even with the case mouth. You can start out with PUBLISHED load data for a subsonic 220 SMK.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
Freedom1973 wrote:
Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
Yes Sir!
L
Put the shoulder of the bullet even with the case mouth. You can start out with PUBLISHED load data for a subsonic 220 SMK.
Thank you very much for confirming what I thought. I just wanted to double check with the source. I know how much time and effort has gone into these bullets. Thank you for all your time and effort. That goes for EVERYONE involved.
I do not post much but read and research here often. I will be sure to share my results for my AR and my RARR when I get them all put together.
Freedom
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Preliminary results at 50yds. VV N120
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

Finally projects are slowing down, pole barn built and planting due to start in the fall. I have some 265's loaded with 4227 and need to start some 100 yard testing.
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
www.knowyourzero.com
Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

Title should read " 265 DS Special looking for nodes with CFE BLK"

Just starting to develop accuracy loads with this cast coated brick of a 265 grainer. Being stubborn I went with CFE BLK for powder to have good BHO on last round and very very clean burning without powder residue in the lower trigger group. On to testing, deep seating shorter than 2.100" proved to be bad as groups were in the +2" 50 yard range. A 10.2 grain charge of CFE BLK had last round BHO however it was too slow and I needed 4 clicks from max elevation to hit zero at 50 yards! After a OCW test I found 12 grains to be most accurate with a 2.100" C.O.L. this gave me plenty of left over elevation on the 6-18 scope to later dial up for the 100 yard desired testing. Fast forward to 12 grains at 2.120" proudced sub 1/2" @ 50 yards with an ocasional flyer then as I pushed the bullet out further I found another node at 1.150" again 1/2" this time slightly crescent shape.

I loaded more test rounds to test up to 2.180" C.O.L. once I settle on a node I'll tune a few +/- 1/10 grain loads for better groups.

Purpose built for sub work.

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
www.knowyourzero.com
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Bob the nailer wrote:Title should read " 265 DS Special looking for nodes with CFE BLK"

Just starting to develop accuracy loads with this cast coated brick of a 265 grainer. Being stubborn I went with CFE BLK for powder to have good BHO on last round and very very clean burning without powder residue in the lower trigger group. On to testing, deep seating shorter than 2.100" proved to be bad as groups were in the +2" 50 yard range. A 10.2 grain charge of CFE BLK had last round BHO however it was too slow and I needed 4 clicks from max elevation to hit zero at 50 yards! After a OCW test I found 12 grains to be most accurate with a 2.100" C.O.L. this gave me plenty of left over elevation on the 6-18 scope to later dial up for the 100 yard desired testing. Fast forward to 12 grains at 2.120" proudced sub 1/2" @ 50 yards with an ocasional flyer then as I pushed the bullet out further I found another node at 1.150" again 1/2" this time slightly crescent shape.

I loaded more test rounds to test up to 2.180" C.O.L. once I settle on a node I'll tune a few +/- 1/10 grain loads for better groups.

Purpose built for sub work.
I think I read somewhere on the internet that would be good combination, not sure where tho.

It's a totally different powder with some pressure on it.

Look forward to the 100 yard test and happy to hear more good results.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

That CFE BLK comment came from you on page 15 of this thread.

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
www.knowyourzero.com