Walmart to discontinue carrying Remington 120 Blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Walmart to discontinue carrying Remington 120 Blackout

Post by tallburnedmidget »

plant.one wrote:a red tag at walmart is a discontinued SKU. it may or may not be clearanced priced while red taged. these can be a single store based discontinuing or chain wide discontinuing sales.
+1

I worked for Walmart in college (thank goodness I never have to return to that job). Basically there is no proper way to glean what is really going on with the ammo (or any product) by what a Walmart store is doing. Not only is each store different but each department in each store is different and there is zero amount of real coordination between anything happening in a single store much less across the organization.

I hope another source becomes available for you guys. In reality I hope another source for everything you get from Walmart becomes available for you guys lol :lol:
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

The main sporting goods manager at my local Walmart told me he couldnt even find it as an option to order...this was 2 or 3 weeks ago...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly

Post by pruhdlr »

The sporting goods manager at my local Wal Mart is a personal friend. He has the area next to me in my hunting club,etc,etc. He has told me on more than one occasion that he has NO control over what he gets as product in his department.

The stores computer keeps track of what is sold and what comes in to him to display on his shelves. What ammo or guns comes into his store is controlled by the "higher ups". All he can "officially" do is recommend to them,however he stated to me that while they are friendly to the dept. managers,they do not listen to them.

We all have to realize that this Wal Mart thing is completely about the making of money. The only time "Joe customer" comes into the equation is what will he spend at Wal Mart. THAT'S IT !!

Wal Mart is smart in doing their marketing research. They carry what sells. While we think that 300BLK or 6.8SPC ammo will sell at a high enough rate to make it worth their time(and money)to have a good supply on the shelves,WILL IT ??

Get a group of any 100 hunters together and ask them ---> if you hunt with a 300BLK or a 6.8SPC to raise their hands,how many out of the 100 would raise their hands ?? My guess ..... less than 10. Wal Mart knows this and stocks the shelves accordingly. So does Academy,Gander Mt.,Dick's,Cabela's,and even the somewhat small local gun shops. --- pruhdlr
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

I bought the last 3 boxes at my local WM about 2 months ago, and was told by the sporting goods manager that that was it ...... No more.

I make my rounds to 4 or 5 different WMs a couple of times a week lookin for .22s, and no more BO at any stores that used to carry them.

And no, I don't scalp the .22s I find, and I find a good amount, thanks to a website I've mentioned before. I have to feed my new Element 2 when it gets out of jail. :mrgreen:

I do however turn on a few close friends, at the price I get em. 8)
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

pruhdlr wrote:The sporting goods manager at my local Wal Mart is a personal friend. He has the area next to me in my hunting club,etc,etc. He has told me on more than one occasion that he has NO control over what he gets as product in his department.

The stores computer keeps track of what is sold and what comes in to him to display on his shelves. What ammo or guns comes into his store is controlled by the "higher ups". All he can "officially" do is recommend to them,however he stated to me that while they are friendly to the dept. managers,they do not listen to them.

its not so much that there's no option over what comes in, as noted its controlled by higher management than he is as a MS. a Z may have a little more influence, but only if the assistants are willing to let them "interfere" with the standard ordering process. you can push orders through the system and force stuff to come in, but i think you have to at least have assistant manager level authority to do so in the computer. both my brother and sister in law have done so on multiple occasions with various product. My bro has been with the company ~18 years or so, so he's learned a few tricks along the way on how to manipulate the system, but usually his duty';s require him to be elsewhere besides tinkering with the ordering.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Before taxes these are 0.82 per round. After taxes they run more like 0.85 to 0.88.

Still way too high for typical plinking purposes. Especially for an AR that eats them like candy. These 120gr rounds are definitely high quality stuff, but better suited for slow rates of fire price-wise, like bolt actions and Handi rifles.

Remanufactured 147/150gr rounds are typically below 0.50/rd online now. That big price gap has to shrink.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

There is such a large difference in sighting at 100 yards between 147/150 gr bullets and 110 gr or 125 gr hunting/ personal defense loads that you might as well shoot cheapo 5.56 rounds. That impact difference just grows with distance.

I personally want to shoot a round that is close to impact zero as my hunting/ smoke someone round. Instead I have data cards for my scope, red dot and BUIS. It gets silly after a while. :roll:

I have 3 Barnes 110 gr loads. (One of those is store bought)
Barnes 90 gr AR round (Store Bought)
Remington 120 gr (Store Bought)
Barnes 120 gr tac-tx (Store Bought)
125 gr TnT load :mrgreen:
Nosler 125 gr load
Ozark 147 gr load (Store Bought)
130 gr speer sp load
150 gr hornady sp load

That is just super sonic, non suppressed 16" gun. So yes I would like a "go to" box of ammo when I can't find powder.
We have top shelf Ammo from Barnes, Lehigh, and Remington with Boutique manufacturing following them. All three have military and LEO contracts.

We will be complaining about the price of ammo until we get sub quality ammo.

Until I can find around 80 pounds of H110 and A1680 I will still purchase some store bought ammo. :mrgreen:
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

LOL,,, like this couldn't have been foretold when Remington announced they were NOT going to bring to market a direct replacement for the cheap 115gr UMC ammo. LOL
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

I will continue to "PLINK" with my 225 grain cast bullet loads......@ 11 CENTS per round I can shoot a lot.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I think you are asking for subsidized ammo. I am ok with that, but how do you get lots of people to agree on doing that for just one cartridge? Imagine if someone else went to a company and said "I really like 44 Magnum, but I think it should be 40% cheaper than what you are selling it for or else I will just be forced to buy 38 Special. It would really take off if you did that." I am not sure that would work out.