Walmart to discontinue carrying Remington 120 Blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Walmart to discontinue carrying Remington 120 Blackout

Post by rebel »

I feel your pain Robert. I reload so I'm not personally affected, but now that I am an FFL and promote the cartridge, I would like that. Got some Fiochie, but would love some steel case for the average guy, ready to pull the trigger on that second AR but just isn't sure. Some marketing stuff from those in the trenches. 8) I really promote the round for a close woods scenario. 200 yards deadly - it ain't pawpaws 30/30 thing. Have a lot of folks curious, they just don't reload.Just a bit of feedback from a small shop.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

There's plenty of 300BLK ammo available for $.46-.50/round on ammoseek.
If I didn't reload, I'd order from one of the online suppliers. Sell the brass for $.10 each on armslist and shoot for $.36/round/$7.20/box.
lupy123
Silent But Deadly

Post by lupy123 »

Steve Urquell wrote:There's plenty of 300BLK ammo available for $.46-.50/round on ammoseek.
If I didn't reload, I'd order from one of the online suppliers. Sell the brass for $.10 each on armslist and shoot for $.36/round/$7.20/box.
I am talking about the average person. They will not do that. They will go to a shop look at the rifles and then ammo and then that is that.
lupy123
Silent But Deadly

Post by lupy123 »

300Blk wrote:I bet I want cheaper ammo more than any of you.
But the majority of us, if not all, do not get to write off the ammo as a business expense.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

lupy123 wrote:
Steve Urquell wrote:There's plenty of 300BLK ammo available for $.46-.50/round on ammoseek.
I am talking about the average person. They will not do that. They will go to a shop look at the rifles and then ammo and then that is that.

anyone who doesnt price shop against the 'net these days is foolish, and not just talking about gun stuff either.

hell... amazon just opened free same day deliveries for prime members in i think it was 8 or 10 markets.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

Rick R2 wrote:John Farnam stated in a recent "quip" that he'd heard from industry sources that demand had dropped for all center fire cartridges except the 300BO. I know the local Gander Mtn and Cabela's are well stocked. Walmart will carry main stream items, it may just not be the 300BO's time to shine in that market. Yet...
I was very surprised at the 300blk selection of commercial ammo at Cabelas. If I didn't handload I would have thought I hit the jackpot.
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
cdynaco
Silent But Deadly

Post by cdynaco »

plant.one wrote:
lupy123 wrote:
anyone who doesnt price shop against the 'net these days is foolish, and not just talking about gun stuff either.
I agree. And I don't think that many people (if any) buy guns on "impulse". If it catches their interest they'll research it before plopping down money and going through background check.
Charliehorse
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I just want cheaper components.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

jwb47 wrote:I just want cheaper components.
Stock up while you can. Near future executive order will exponentially increase component prices. You tell 'em you heard it here first on 300BlkTlk.