300blk won't fire, getting stuck

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

osocinco

300blk won't fire, getting stuck

Post by osocinco »

I got some 300blk supers that were sold as "new" a few months ago, I can't even remember the name of the company because I was buying so much ammo (my first mistake). I finally got a 300blk setup and initially had a few light strikes with the ammo. Went to the range tonight and rounds would not fire and were just getting completely stuck in the chamber. I had to pull as hard as I could on my charging handle to get them to eject. Was trying to run the ammo through a Q honey badger if that matters.

Here are some links to pictures of the rounds with red circles around what looks like deep scratches from getting stuck. Hope this is allowed. Is this an ammo issue or potentially an issue with my honey badger? I do not currently have calipers to check tolerances, if anyone has a suggestion for calipers please let me know. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/bNdX6Pl

https://imgur.com/Y7Tw29n
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300blk won't fire, getting stuck

Post by 20X11 »

A. Get the thing to a qualified gunsmith and have the headspace checked.
B. Clean your chamber.
C. Get a Sheridan cartridge gage (slotted) and check the ammo.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300blk won't fire, getting stuck

Post by gds »

20X11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:27 am A. Get the thing to a qualified gunsmith and have the headspace checked.
B. Clean your chamber.
C. Get a Sheridan cartridge gage (slotted) and check the ammo.
Pretty much what he said.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in