self defense ammo for apartments

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: self defense ammo for apartments

Post by plant.one »

there was a single phone call a couple weeks after, in which the turd was told in no uncertain terms that it would escalate badly for him if he continued anything at all in the way of further contact, and seems to have taken the hint.

i do wish she would have chased the legal avenue further - there was more than enough there to do so, and eliminate a real gem from society for several decades - but alas due to prior experience with the system failing her miserably in the past (another state) there was nothing any of us who could do to talk her into proceeding further. and you cant really push on a thing like that with people who've been down that road most of the time.

the good news is everyone is safe at this point, life is moving forward and mr.creepy seems to have gotten the hint and moved on.

thanks for checking :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

Possibly the best end. Anything that ends without lethal force to the perp and violence toward a loved one is a good outcome for you folks. Lethal force projected at others can get very expensive, so I've been told.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

BJK wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:01 pm Possibly the best end. Anything that ends without lethal force to the perp and violence toward a loved one is a good outcome for you folks. Lethal force projected at others can get very expensive, so I've been told.
ya. i'm glad it never escalated further. the trauma on her was bad enough as is... god forbid had i needed to make him room temperature protecting her.

thankfully on the legal end... with michigan having a strong castle doctrine and no "need to retreat" in defensive scenarios. combined with his history, it wouldnt have been much more than a quick statement from me to the police about what happened, and allowing the coroner & hazmat teams to clean up the mess.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I can't think of any round short of a frangible bullet that would or penetrate an apartment wall, especially a high velocity round like a 9MM or .40S&W. SHotguns may not be a good choice. I have seen a 20 Gauge load go through the outside wall of a house @5ft.
If pressed, I would go with a .45ACP or .44spc loaded to low pressure. You are taking about a close quarter encounter, and you are only looking to stop an agreeor, not kill a neighbor not a 100yard kill shot.
You never want to risk a wall penetration.
Don't forget, there is a lawyer attached to every round in your magazine.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
justMatt

Post by justMatt »

110gr vmax bullets are the best for self defense.. my opinion.