S&B 124 gr fmj

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

S&B 124 gr fmj

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

Anyone shot much of this or can comment to its accuracy ?

I found some at my lgs. At one point for 12.99 and now its up to 14.99 per box of 20 rds.

it is labeled as "tactical ammunition" i guess bc its an fmj ?

I read an article somewhere that said the company was acquired by cbc and was gearing this and some others to the US market.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Re: S&B 124 gr fmj

I was just wondering if anyone had shot any or if it was any good ?

Ive shot some pistol ammo from them before but wondered if this is accurate at all ?
Cheyenne

Post by Cheyenne »

You are correct that it is FMJ. I bought 5 boxes on sale while my Springfield Armory Saint (9 inch barrel) was back at the factory for some warranty work. When the gun was returned, I re-mounted the Sig Romeo 5 ( 2MOA) and shot the first 3 shots with the S&B at 100 yards without sighting in. Here are the results:

The next time I chronographed, I goofed and only had 2 rounds of the S&B ammo with me. The recorded velocities were 2004 and 1996, which is consistent with some 125 grain Nosler Partition handloads I have made made.

For the price at which the ammo recently was offered, I will buy more of that ammo any time I find it.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Cheyenne wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 am You are correct that it is FMJ. I bought 5 boxes on sale while my Springfield Armory Saint (9 inch barrel) was back at the factory for some warranty work. When the gun was returned, I re-mounted the Sig Romeo 5 ( 2MOA) and shot the first 3 shots with the S&B at 100 yards without sighting in. Here are the results:

The next time I chronographed, I goofed and only had 2 rounds of the S&B ammo with me. The recorded velocities were 2004 and 1996, which is consistent with some 125 grain Nosler Partition handloads I have made made.

For the price at which the ammo recently was offered, I will buy more of that ammo any time I find it.

Thanks for the report !
Looks like good ammo for the range !

I have a romeo 5 as well, mine has been a good one for sure !

I had also considered getting fed American eagle bc its US made, although its heavier bullets than the s&b, ill probably try both just to see how they both do in my gun as they are both relatively cheap for 300 blk.
G30nut

Post by G30nut »

That's the only ammo I have found locally. As of last week it is gone now though. I've shot about 60 rounds of it through my 10.5 pistol and had pretty good results. If we ever get out of this shortage I'll buy all my pockets can stand.