PSA FEDARM BULK AMMO DANGEROUS

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

faizanmazhar00

Re: PSA FEDARM BULK AMMO DANGEROUS

Post by faizanmazhar00 »

DesertEngineer wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:29 am Hey all, I am new to the forum but wanted to get this information out.

Do NOT buy FEDARM bulk ammo. The ammo has several DANGEROUS problems. The charge weight varies by + or - 10 gns of powder. I had to weigh each one (500) to separate out the deviant loads. I did this after getting very common primer blow outs (when they would even chamber). Almost half of the cartridges need to have their bullets pulled and charges fixed.

The next problem (arguably even worse) I encountered was failure to fully chamber with the bolt getting stuck and and requiring taking a hammer to the charging handle
(I destroyed the one I had and marred my cerekote and have a new one on the way now) (I even broke my stock with it in the collapsed position trying to get it unstuck.)
And then the case would still be stuck hard in the chamber.
This required sacrificing a cheap cleaning rod to pound out the case.

I measured the dimensions of the cases and the shoulders are not at the correct depth and the case specs in general are either just barely at or exceeding SAMMI max specifications.

Looks like I have 500 tracers to pull, cases to resize, and charges to weigh.

I will never again order ammo from them regardless of the price. Or cheap ammo ever again for the matter. I don’t understand how this is even legal.

Sorry for ranting. I hope at very least this stops someone else from making the same mistake I did.
A round that,was sold as 147 grain buy was a 110 grain with only 15 grains of H110 powder, blew up my rifle!